Purpose of the position:
Project Coordinator will facilitate the implementation of MoFA Japan grant project by coordinating the activities planned as communicated by Project Manager. The staff will be based at Mkinga AP office and lead day-to-day field implementation and facilitate the coordination with local government and other key stakeholder. The staff is also tasked to monitor project progress against the plan, budgets execution, and participation by the community, and report to Project Manager.
- Take a lead in implementing the field activities, tracking and reporting in the program management cycle by coordinating the project staff including project officers, engineer, accountant and driver.
- Facilitate meetings and trainings and document and follow up the action points as agreed with stakeholder after the meetings and trainings.
- Assist the Program Manager in tracking and reporting implementation of the projectMonitor project progress against plan, project goals, and budgets and expenditure, and inform Project Manager if any irregularities found.
- Receive and compile reports from project officers and water and civil engineer and draft monthly reports to submit to project manager
- Review, and support facilitation of DME plan of the project
- Assess project risks and suggest solutions to project manager
- Build network with relevant stakeholders with regards to project implementation
- Ensure the integration of all cross cutting and sectoral issues between the project and Area Programs
PROFILE: Core Capabilities:
- Good in time management
- Report writing skill
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office and Lotus Notes.
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Qualification required: BA/BSc Degree in Agric. Econ., Sociology, Psychology & related field
Experience: 2 – 4 years
Preferred: MA/MSc Degree in Agric. Econ., Sociology, Psychology & related field
Technical Training qualifications required: on Participatory Program and Project Designing, Monitoring and Evaluation Experience: 2 years of experience in foreign government grant project
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
Apply before 11 September 2019