Position Announcement Project Accountant (Arusha, Tanzania)
The World Vegetable Center (WorldVeg) is a non-profit, autonomous international agricultural research center with headquarters in Taiwan and five regional offices around the globe. WorldVeg conducts research and development programs that contribute to realize the potential of vegetables for healthier lives and more resilient livelihoods. For more information, please visit our website: worldveg.org
WorldVeg seeks a Project Accountant for one of its projects in partnership with Fintrac for the Feed the Future Tanzania Mboga na Matunda(FTFT-MnM) funded by USAID.The individual should be a Tanzanian citizen; he/she will be based at the Center’s regional office for Eastern and Southern Africa, located in Arusha,Tanzania, and reports to the Regional Finance Officer and the Project Manager.The initial contract will be for one (I) year, renewal will depend on donor funds availability.
Project Financial Management
- Ensure proper financial recording and administration for the FTFT-MnM project, compliance to WorldVeg and donor financial regulations.
- Ensure correct and up-to-date time administration of staff in WorldVeg’s ERP system.
- Monitor budget vs expenditure and ensure expenditures are charged to correct budget codes.
- Prepare draft project financial reports on set due dates, for review by Regional Finance Officer.
- Prepare payment of supplier invoices in according to the financial guidelines.
- Carry out correct posting of project expenditures and on time in the WorldVeg’s ERP system following accountant’s relevant checklist.
- Verify correctness and authenticity of expenses before submitting for approval by the Project Manager
- Raise journals and submit in the system as per the approval hierarchy.
- Maintain filing system of all journal entries with all the appropriate documents, including expense receipts, consultants’ invoices and monthly invoices including pre-payments if any.
- Request payment for FTFT-MnM staff located in Zanzibar, Pemba and Arusha; manage staff travel advances according to the set guidelines.
- Work with the procurement section to ensure granted VAT exemption claims are credited properly.
- Assist Project Manager in budget expenditure monitoring and other analysis when requested.
- Make ready Fintrac’s payment checklist at the end of each month.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Regional Finance Officer or Project Manager.
Skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Degree in Accounting/Finance or Advanced Diploma in Accountancy from accredited university/college.
- Minimum two years’ experience in an international non-governmental organization (NGO) or company. Knowledge of USAID regulations is a plus.
- Excellent computer skills in MS-office applications (Word, Excel, Power point).
- Hands-on experience with an accounting software.
- Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English and Kiswahili.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to interact with partners and colleagues in a multi-cultural setting.
How to apply:
Applicants are invited to send a cover letter, clearly illustrating their suitability for the above position against each of the listed items together with a detailed curriculum vitae, including names and addresses of three referees. Applications should be sent by e-mail only to email@example.com with the title ‘Project Accountant’
Only applications sent by e-mail and following these requirements will be considered. Only applications from short-listed candidates will be acknowledged.
WorldVeg offers an attractive working environment in a multi-cultural setting with employees from different countries and diverse backgrounds. WorldVeg is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
APPLY TO firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Closing date for applications is 19 September 2019