Principal Financial Analyst
TIB Development Bank Limited is Development Finance Institutions (DFI) wholly owned by the Government of United Republic of Tanzania. The bank has been established and exists under the Companies Act, 2002. The main focus of TIB Development Bank as a premier national DFI is on national projects that aim at the attainment of the Tanzanian Development Vision 2025. The bank’s mandate is to support the Government in achieving rapid economic growth through the development of industries, infrastructure, services sectors, as well as oil and gas sectors. In this regard, activities of TIB have specifically expanded and the bank now invites suitable, qualified and skilled applicants to fill the following available position:-
PRINCIPAL FINANCIAL ANALYST
Nature and Scope
The successful candidate will report to the Manager Funds Mobilization and Syndication and support middle office in relation to funding and Treasury Management. She/he will be responsible to undertake rigorous financial analysis on the bank’s balance sheet and markets to inform decision – making process.
- Analysis of key financial performance ratio trends and recommend appropriate course of actions.
- Support the analysis of risk profile and stress testing and advise on counterpart limits.
- Undertake income sensitivity to changes in market variables including yields, interest rate, exchange rate, inflation and recommend appropriate mitigation measures.
- Undertake analysis of liquidity risk due to maturity mismatch, funding levels and changes in the market trends.
- Asset valuation in respect of fixed income securities and bank’s equity investments.
- Undertake market analysis of pricing and ensure bank’s pricing is commensurate to Bank’s objective and advise appropriate measures.
- Review, analyse and interpret management accounts for decision making.
- Advise on appropriate timing and pricing for issuance of various funding instruments in the capital market and monitor their performance in the secondary market.
- Monitor economic trends, capital market rules and regulations to ensure smooth implementation of bank’s funding strategies.
- Analysis of liquidity management reports including cash flows and gap analysis.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor degree or its equivalent in Finance, Banking, Economics, Accounting, Statistics, and Accounting related discipline from a recognized Institution. Holder of Master’s degree will be added advantage.
- A professional experience in corporate finance, A charted financial analyst (CFA), or ICMA is an advantage.
- Minimum of six years of relevant professional experience with good working knowledge in relation to transaction structures, products, fixed income, derivatives, equity, African capital markets, financial analysis of project finance and corporate finance lending and equity investments, risk management instruments.
- Proven excellence in written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex and technical issues in simple terms, while maintaining accuracy.
- A strong background in investment and development banking with experience in working with private sector projects, state owned entities, utilities/infrastructure authorities and Government.
- Drive for results, takes personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results, and has the personal organization to do so.
- Strong analytical, quantitative and financial market skills.
- Competence with use of standard MS Office software applications, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel and Treasury Systems – Summit, Reuters and Bloomberg applications and T24.
TIB Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Qualifying candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address below, endosing:-
- An application letter showing how they meet the post’s requirements.
- Comprehensive curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of relevant certificates and awards.
- Contact address including telephone number(s) and/or email address(s) if available.
- Names and full addresses of three (3) referees.
Closing Date is 20 September, 2019
TIB Development Bank
Mlimani City Office Park,
Sam Nujoma Road, Ubungo