SFI Tanzania Ltd, an agriculture and forestry investment company based in Korogwe and Handeni districts, Tanga has a vacancy for a qualified, professional and dynamic Excavator Operator.
Job Location: Kwamdulu & Kwaraguru Estate, Tanga Region
- Able to operate dragline, clamshell and other excavation machine
- Daily machine setup and inspection
- Lubricate, repair and adjust minor parts like, gears, bearings and bucket teeth.
- Dump earth and sisal waste into truck.
- Operate landfill compaction equipment
- Perform backfilling excavating activities.
- Measure and verify the level of gravel, rock bases and other excavating material.
- Move materials over short distance in an agricultural environment
- Ability to sense balance in working area and ensure no abuse of the machine occurs
- Produce high quality work, safely and productively at all times.
- Punctuality and ability work extended hours
Skills and Qualification
- Grade 8-12.
- Valid Tanzanian excavator operating license
- Experience required: 3-5 years
- Excellent hand-eye coordination
- Familiar with OSHA workplace safety guidelines
- Must be able to read and understand drawings, specifications, safety and quality standards and effectively utilize all trade tools and equipment relevant to the work.
- Work in a team and as a team leader
- Ability to communicate effectively, Physically fit.
Applicants should be available to relocate to the Tanga Region
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
Remuneration: Union related
Deadline: 18th September, 2019.
Forward application, copies of qualifications and contactable references to email@example.com