Senior Internal Audit
TIB Development Bank Limited is Development Finance Institutions (DFI) wholly owned by the Government of United Republic of Tanzania. The bank has been established and exists under the Companies Act, 2002. The main focus of TIB Development Bank as a premier national DFI is on national projects that aim at the attainment of the Tanzanian Development Vision 2025. The bank’s mandate is to support the Government in achieving rapid economic growth through the development of industries, infrastructure, services sectors, as well as oil and gas sectors. In this regard, activities of TIB have specifically expanded and the bank now invites suitable, qualified and skilled applicants to fill the following available position:
SENIOR INTERNAL AUDIT
Nature and Scope
The successful candidate will report to the Director, Internal Audit. She/he will be responsible for ensuring that all accounting, financial, operational and other systems are adequate in design and effective in operations, to ensure that laid down procedures of the bank are being followed.
- Participate in the Planning & budgeting process and schedule audit operations.
- Participate in the preparation and updating of the internal audit charter, internal audit manual and audit policies.
- Plan and prepare an audit program for the audit assignment to be conducted.
- Review, appraise and report on the soundness, adequacy and application of financial and other management controls.
- Review and appraise the laid down risk management and mitigation procedures.
- Conduct special audits and investigations and present the report to the Director of Internal Audit.
- Conduct Audit assignments on various operational areas of the bank and produce reports of findings.
- Analyze data for evidence of deficiencies in control, fraud or lack of compliance with approved management policies.
- Make follow up and ensure that recommendations made by internal, external auditors and BOT examiners are implemented.
- Perform any other related duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor Degree or Advanced Diploma in Accounting, Commerce or related discipline from a recognized University/lnstitution.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Must possess a recognized professional accountancy qualification such as CPA (T), ACCA. ACA or any other recognized accounting professional qualification.
- Minimum of four (4) years’ working experience in banking/financial or financial institution.
- Strong analytical, written and oral communication skills with ability to write reports and documentation in a concise and focused style.
- Must be a team player, very well self-motivated and able to manage and prioritize work load with minimum supervision.
- Highest degree of integrity, excellent and well developed interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Must be computer literate.
TIB Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Qualifying candidates should apply in writing to or lodge their applications at the address below, endosing:-
- An application letter showing how they meet the post’s requirements.
- Comprehensive curriculum Vitae.
- Copies of relevant certificates and awards.
- Contact address including telephone number(s) and/or email address(s) if available.
- Names and full addresses of three (3) referees.
- Closing Date is 20 September, 2019
TIB Development Bank
Mlimani City Office Park,
Sam Nujoma Road, Ubungo