Immediate Kangaroo Mother Care (I-KMC) Project is looking for interested and qualified candidates to fill the following posts;
DATA CLERKS (2 POST)
Report to Data manager –IKMC PROJECT
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE PROJECT.
- Adhere to the institutional policies and procedures surrounding the safety and protection of human participants
- Assure participant privacy and confidentiality according to institutional regulations.
- Ensure the accuracy, safety and confidentiality of data by following policies and procedures
- Ensure the proper collection of completed and verified CRFs from the research assistants stationed in the labour ward and neonatal unit.
- Transfer data from paper CRF into redcap database system in an accurate and timely manner
- Perform double data entry from all the patient CRFs
- Communicate the data queries to the respective research teams and the data manager where applicable
- Send a list of patient due for follow on a daily basis to the outcome assessment and follow up teams.
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort, organize and store all CRFs after entering data to ensure they are not lost
- Retrieve data from the database as requested by PI or a co PI
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Successfully completed Ordinary “O” Level Secondary Education with PASSES in Kiswahili and English.
- Degree in Information Technology/Advance Diploma in an information technology, health information management or scientific discipline or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education / training.
- Previous experience in data management in quantitative research environment desirable.
- Excellent database computing skills, including a high level of competency in the use of Microsoft Access (including the creation of databases, queries, forms etc.), Excel and Word.
- Excellent organizational skills; attention to detail and a focus on quality and innovation.
- Ability to priorities work, exercise initiative and work with minimal direction.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with colleagues, including research scientists.
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
One-year contract with possibility of extension; subject to candidate’s performance and availability of fund for all positions.
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Interested candidates should apply in confidence to the Undersigned enclosing:
- Signed application letter outlining their suitability as per the job description
- Photocopies of relevant Certificates and Transcripts
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees
- Mode of communication, e.g. telephone, e-mail, fax etc.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the;
Directorate of Human resource office at MUHAS and address it to: Principal Investigator, DR AUGUSTINE MASSAWE, EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
P. O. Box 65001,
Dar Es Salaam.
The position will be based in Dar es Salaam at the I- KMC study MUHIMBILI.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
“IMMEDIATE KANGAROO MOTHER CARE PROJECT is equal opportunity employer”.
The closing date for the application is 20th September 2019.