Immediate Kangaroo Mother Care (I-KMC) Project is looking for interested and qualified candidates to fill the following posts;
Nurse assistants ( 2 POST)
Reports to Site Supervisor and Site Coordinator-IKMC PROJECT
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE PROJECT
- Calling and scheduling patients for asssessment visits.
- Coordinating of patients visits through various assessments.
- Scheduling home visits
- Perform any other research activities as assigned by the Principal Investigator or his/her designate.
- Maintain disciplined behavior and proper conduct in rendering services to his/ her assignees
- Assurance that personal and confidential information is restricted to those entitled to know
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Successfully completed Ordinary “O” Level Secondary Education with PASSES in Kiswahili and English.
- Possession of a valid Good clinical practice (GCP) certificate is an added advantage
- Good problem solving skills
- A valid Nursing assistant certificate with at least 2 years experience
- Experience with research environment especially in maternal and child health
- Available to start work immediately
- Good communication skills
- Ability to maintain patient confidentiality
- Professional work ethic including efficiency and punctuality
- Ability to work with minimal instruction.
- Ability to work collaboratively with fellow research assistants
- Ability to record research data acurately
- Fluency on English and Kiswahili.
- Possess good writing and verbal communication skills
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
One-year contract with possibility of extension; subject to candidate’s performance and availability of fund for all positions.
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Interested candidates should apply in confidence to the Undersigned enclosing:
- Signed application letter outlining their suitability as per the job description
- Photocopies of relevant Certificates and Transcripts
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees
- Mode of communication, e.g. telephone, e-mail, fax etc.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the;
Directorate of Human resource office at MUHAS and address it to: Principal Investigator, DR AUGUSTINE MASSAWE, EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org . P. O. Box 65001, Dar Es Salaam.
The position will be based in Dar es Salaam at the I- KMC study MUHIMBILI.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
“IMMEDIATE KANGAROO MOTHER CARE PROJECT is equal opportunity employer”.
The closing date for the application is 20th September 2019.