Immediate Kangaroo Mother Care (I-KMC) Project is looking for interested and qualified candidates to fill the following posts;
Driver (1 POST)
Report to the Principal Investigator –IKMC PROJECT
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE PROJECT.
- To ensure provision of reliable and safe driving services by driving project vehicle, visitors and delivery
- Ensure the availability and maintenance of all the required documents such as logbooks, vehicle insurance and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle.
- Responsible for safekeeping of the vehicle and tools entrusted to him/ her.
- Maintain cleanliness of the vehicle and tools.
- Maintain disciplined behavior and proper conduct in rendering services to his/ her assignees.
- Report promptly any defect or problems detected in the vehicle.
- Perform any other research duties assigned to him/her by the principle investigator or his designate.
- Assurance that personal and confidential information is restricted to those entitled to know
- Ensure good knowledge of streets and location of patients residents
QUALIFICATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Successfully completed Ordinary “O” Level Secondary Education with PASSES in Kiswahili and English.
- Possession of driving Certificate from recognized Institutions such NIT or VETA will be an added advantage.
- At least four years of working experience as a Driver.
- Professional work ethic including efficiency and punctuality.
- Safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and skills in minor vehicle repair.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Fluency on English and Kiswahili.
- Possess good writing and verbal communication skills.
- Must have a valid Class “C” Driving License
DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT
One-year contract with possibility of extension; subject to candidate’s performance and availability of fund for all positions.
MODE OF APPLICATION
- Interested candidates should apply in confidence to the Undersigned enclosing:
- Signed application letter outlining their suitability as per the job description
- Photocopies of relevant Certificates and Transcripts
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referee
- Mode of communication, e.g. telephone, e-mail, fax etc.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the;
Directorate of Human resource office at MUHAS and address it to: Principal Investigator, DR AUGUSTINE MASSAWE, EMAIL: email@example.com
P. O. Box 65001
Dar Es Salaam.