Title: Junior Key-Experts – EU AGRI-CONNECT (Technical assistance to support the implementation of Agriconnect on Sector Enablers and Business Environment for Tea, Coffee and Horticulture in Tanzania)
Position level: Mid-level, Long-term consulting assignment
Solidaridad East and Central Africa (Solidaridad) is looking to recruit full-time junior key experts with expertise in horticultural and/or coffee and tea value chains for the upcoming EU Agri-Connect: Supporting value chains for shared prosperity – Technical Assistance to improve sector enablers and the business environment for tea, coffee and horticulture in Tanzania.
Expected duration: 48 months
Expected start: February 2020
The purpose of the technical assistance is to support implementation of the first component and overall coordination of the Agri-Connect programme. The programme “Agri-Connect: Supporting value chains for shared prosperity”, financed under the 11th EDF with a total envelope of EUR 100 million, contributes to two objectives of the National Indicative Programme EU-Tanzania: i) generate agricultural wealth through linking farmers to markets and value chains; and ii) improve food and nutrition security through improved access, availability, and use of food.
The overall objective is to improve the livelihoods of smallholder farmers and other market actors in the coffee, tea and horticulture sectors through inclusive economic growth, private sector development, job creation, and improved nutrition. This will be obtained through the achievement of the following results:
Result 1: Sector enablers and business environment improved
Result 2: Value Chain Development for Coffee, Tea, and Horticulture
Result 3: Rural roads conditions improved
Result 4: Awareness and knowledge of good nutrition practices increased
We are looking for a dynamic coffee expert, tea expert and 2 horticulture experts with extensive experience of agriculture value chains to strengthen our planning and ensure the successful implementation of sector development, research, value chain development, and market promotion and regulation. This is a full-time, fixed term appointment based in Tanzania.
Key qualifications and experience
- At least 5-7 years of work experience in the agriculture supply chains, preferably in the coffee, horticulture and tea value chain interventions.
- At least 3 years of experience working on EU funded projects.
- Experience in coffee and tea (both value chains) or horticulture value chain development.
- Experience in the East Africa region (particularly in Tanzania).
- Proven experience in analysis of policy and regulatory frameworks, capacity building and training of state institutions, including government ministries, local government authorities, as well as non-state actors, including NGOs, Cooperatives and Farmers Organisations.
- Good knowledge and experience in the use of project cycle management processes and implementation of donor funded projects.
- An ability to prioritise tasks and meet multiple deadlines in a dynamic environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, diplomatic and tact to effectively communicate.
- Good oral communication, writing and analytical skills, including development of reports, learnings and oral presentations. Proficiency in Swahili is a plus.
- Willingness to travel regularly within the region.
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Solidaridad is one of the regional expertise centres of the global Solidaridad Network organisation and has extensive experience in developing innovative “farmer first” solutions focused on sustainable, market oriented value chains, enhancing capacity building, beyond certification modelling and climate smart agriculture activities. In addition, Solidaridad integrates themes such as gender inclusivity, digital innovations, impact investment and sustainable landscape approaches in the implementation of our projects and programmes.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates that meet the above qualifications should send their cover letter, CVs and expected daily rate to:
Emails: email@example.com with firstname.lastname@example.org (in copy)
Subject: “Junior Key-Experts – EU AGRI-CONNECT”
Deadline: 13 September 2019 at 5:00pm (EAT)