Job Title : Securities & Documentation Manager
Organization Name KCB Bank Tanzania Ltd
Reporting to Senior Securities & Documentation Manager. The Securities and Documentation Manager is responsible for management of all the corporate securities and documentation related to lending. The position holder will be primarily responsible for managing post approval of credit process and with the primary focus being business support and risk control in lending documentations for Corporate Customers of the Bank. The position holder will work closely with, External Lawyers, different registries, Credit and all business functions to ensure that the acceptable level of TAT is achieved.
- Review and or vet all corporate facilities agreements after an approval from business.
- Review and or prepare corporate securities documentation for lending purposes.
- Issue quality and unambiguous instruction to External Lawyers for perfection of securities.
- Sound and command in management of law firms/external lawyers involved in perfection of securities.
- Ensure that SLAs and Charters governing post approval processes are prepared and implemented accordingly.
- Maintenance of securities data through a defined process or system. Also reliable MIS and development of various reports for sharing with business teams and Credit.
- Prepare and implement securities tracking “live” system which will be submitted on weekly basis confirming the progress and time expected for closure.
- Preparation and review of all lending documentations including but not limited to facilities agreements and securities documents.
- Provide legal opinion and advise to all departments within the Bank.
- Creating and updating diaries for insurance, land rents and valuation.
- Review of all securities and documentation on regular basis to confirm validity and enforceability.
- Liaison with external lawyers and generates reports to be shared with business teams.
- Liaison with KCB Group and other subsidiaries on all cross border facilities and international business.
- Degree in Bachelor Degree in Laws (LLB)
- Professional Qualifications as an advocate of the High Court and a Master’s Degree in Laws/Business Administration/ Banking will be an added advantage
- Above 4 years’ experience in Documentation and Credit