MECHANICAL TECHNICIANS (08 POSTS)
Tanzania Airports Authority (TAA) is a Government Executive Agency established to operate, manage, maintain and develop Government owned Airports with a commercially oriented Management Style. The Authority hereby invites applications from suitably qualified, creative and results driven candidates to fill the following internship posts.
Holder of a Diploma (NTA 6) in Electro mechanical/Mechanical, Electronics and Telecommunications or Full Technician Certificate (FTC) in respective fields and the candidate must be computer literate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake daily inspection of all airports facilities so as to determine need for service or maintenance,
- To carry out preventative maintenance and fault diagnosis on plant and equipment so as to minimize breakdowns and maintenance costs and improve availability,
- To carry out maintenance work at the Airport equipment and building in an orderly, smooth and regular inspection in accordance with preventive maintenance schedules/programs and liaise with supervisor for modifications, improvements, installations and commissioning work
- To test various types of electro-mechanical/ mechanical equipment and related devices for conformity to standards and performance,
- To assemble and test experimental motor-control devices, switch panels, generator, solenoids, and other electrical equipment and components according to engineering data and knowledge of electrical principles,
- To assists in the purchase of materials and production equipments including sourcing for quotations on costs of new projects,
- To continuously undertake risk identification/originator and report to immediate supervisor and/ or advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous,
- To maintain an awareness of and comply with technical and SHE standards, regulations and procedures and ensure that “Safe Systems of Work’ are complied with at all times,
- To liaise with other airport users interested in making alterations or additions to existing structures,
- To collect data for planning, maintain and update records whenever necessary,
- To maintain a high standard of proficiency in own skill areas, (xii) To perform any other duties
MODE OF APPLICATION
Application letter should be submitted along with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), Introduction letter from Mtaa Executive Officer, copies of relevant certificates/Testimonials, three recently taken passport size photographs and names and contact address of three referees. Applicants are required to indicate their current contact addresses, telephone/mobile, fax-number or e-mail to facilitate communication. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to: –
The Director General,
Tanzania Airports Authority,
P.O. Box 18000,
DAR ES SALAAM.
The deadline for the submission of applications will be on 15th September 2019. Only short listed candidates will be contacted and those who will not hear from us within two weeks after the closing date should consider themselves as being unsuccessful.