University of Dar es Salaam Computing Centre (UCC) is an information and communications technology (ICT) company wholly owned by the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM). UCC provides ICT services and products to the University of Dar es Salaam as well as the general public. Its portfolio of products and services include Software development; ICT Training and consultancy; Internet; Hardware Maintenance and Repair; Networks (i.e. Local Area Network and Wide Area Network) Design, Installation and Maintenance; as well as Web design and Hosting.
UCC hereby invites applications from suitable qualified candidates to immediately fill the following vacant positions currently existing in the company.
Position : Systems Administrator (2) POST
Department : Network & Systems Engineering Department
Reports to : Network & Systems Engineering Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Participate in management, control and maintenance of network servers;
- Participate in systems designing, planning and deployment;
- Participate in management, control and maintenance of Enterprise Electronic Systems;
- Participate in documentation and user manual development of systems; (v) Participate in implementation of security policies in systems.
- Perform backup, test and restore services.
- Perform any other Duties as assigned by supervisor(s)
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge in switching and routing networking principles.
- Knowledge in windows, Linux, UNIX operating systems.
- Knowledge in Linux OS is added advantage
- Experience of not less than three years of industry experience
Testimonials and all Partial transcripts will not be accepted;
Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
Applicants must attach their certified copies of relevant certificates.
Mode of Application.
The request for Eligible Candidates should be addressed to:
The Managing Director,
University of Dar es Salaam Computing Centre,
P.O. Box 35062,
DAR ES SALAAM.
All requests should be made through the following link http://rms.ucc.co.tz
Note: The applications that will be sent in any other way other than the site or link mentioned above will not be accepted. Closing date for receiving application is two weeks from the date of the first appearance of the advertisement. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.