EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – SICKLE CELL PROGRAMME
Sickle Cell Programme is a research programme in the Department of Haematology and Blood Transfusion at Muhimbili University of Health & Allied Sciences (MUHAS) in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania. The programme conducts biomedical research, support health care, advocacy and training. The Sickle Cell Programme has an employment opportunity for highly motivated and results-driven individual.
Nursing Officer (1 POST) – DAR ES SALAAM
Sickle Cell programme is looking for a qualified Individual to fill the post of Nursing Officer for a period of ONE year. The Nursing officer will report to Clinical Coordinator.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Attend departmental clinical meetings and presentations.
- Understand study aims, fundamental design and outcome measures.
- Identifying eligible patients from inpatient Paediatrics, Surgery, and Haematology.
- Collaborate with Investigators to evaluate patients for potential clinical trial participation and eligibility.
- Help research participants navigate the protocol and the hospital system.
- Assists the principal investigator with the informed consent process, study monitoring, quality assurance, audits, and data management and analysis.
- Recognize any abnormal vitals to the patients during study visits and take action.
- Provide health education to patients.
- Identify strategies for accomplishing requirements of the protocol.
- Maintain study log books, files and review completed questionnaires for completeness.
- Coordinating patients’ follow up and calling patients who are lost to follow up.
- Schedule and attend regular study meetings to discuss progress and challenges with other members and gives ideas on how to improve systems of participant’s care and follow up.
- Ensuring that nursing care follows ethical guidelines and nurse SOP.
- Ensure that patients are asked for informed consent before enrolment into the study.
- Submits safety data.
- Shipping samples/slides as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor degree in Nursing
- Good Clinical Skills
- Time Management and Organizing Skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Applications.
This position will be on full time basis for ONE Year with annual review of performance. Applicants should send their CV’s, scanned copies of transcripts/certificates and a cover letter outlining their suitability as per the job description to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 16:30 PM on Friday, 20th September 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
“Sickle Cell Programme is an equal opportunity employer”.