Reaching the Unreached Tanzania (RUT) is a national voluntary based Non-Governmental Organization
registered under Tanzania Non-Governmental Organization Act 2002 with Legal Status/Registration
number 00NGO/00009674. RUT works to address public health issues including but not limited to Sexual
and Reproductive Health (SRH), Nutrition, HIV and AIDS, and Gender Based Violence.
Reaching the Unreached Tanzania (RUT) in partnership with the Grand Challenges Canada (GCC)
is implementing the community-based program that focuses to improve Sexual and Reproductive Health
and Rights through elimination of Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting (FGM/C). The project is
implemented in two districts namely; Kongwa and Kondoa Districts Council, in Dodoma Region. The
project integrates health and economic initiatives through facilitating and encouraging female genital
cutters/Ngaribas to reverse their attention from the economic rewards of the harmful FGM/C practices to
alternative and harmless Income Generating Activities (IGAs) opportunities around their community.
Reaching the Unreached Tanzania (RUT) is currently looking for a project officer to assist the
implementation of this project.
Job Title: Project Officer (1 post)
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
Working Station: Dodoma Region
Duration: One year with possibility of renew
Salary: Attractive package will be offered to a successful applicant.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identification and training of project intermediaries (ie. CHWs, Health workers – facility based, non-health workers (teachers, ECD Providers), peer educators, traditional leaders, community leaders, religious leaders etc)
- Organize and conduct training to traditional female cutters (Ngaribas) on new source of income generating activities
- Assist in the monitoring of project activities
- Assist project coordinator in organizing and coordinating stakeholders’ meetings including quarterly update meetings to assess performance against targets.
- Keeping/Filing all project documents (softcopy and hardcopy)
- Maintaining and monitoring project work plan
- Develop project updates and sharing through media
- Preparing and conduct public awareness campaigns and meetings
- Support preparation of project reports including activity, quarterly and annual project reports.
- Assist senior management team in resource mobilization for FFGP
- Develop and draft communication and outreach material including leaflets, posters and brochures
- Represent Executive Director and the Organization in the meetings where necessary
- Undertake other duties as reasonably assigned by project coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- A Bachelor degree in Public Health, Medicine, Gender, Social Sciences, Monitoring & Evaluation or any other related degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ relevant experience, preferably in donor-funded programs as project officer
- Experience in SRHR and Gender Programs
- Ability to work in remote areas within the context of Tanzania
- Deep knowledge of the political, cultural, and economic contexts of the country, Tanzania).
- Excellent report writing report writing skills.
- Ability to create and maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills
- Good training skills
- Organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to priorities and handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced computer skills i.e. Microsoft office, Data Analysis Package ie. SPSS, NVIVO etc.
- Experience and understanding of the use of data in the health sectors HIV and RCH/FP programs using routine program data (i.e. DHIS2)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants are encouraged to send application letter and CV as a single document to Email:
The subject of the email should read as FFGP PROJECT OFFICER
Deadline for applications is: 20th September, 2019 at 17:00hrs. (Only shortlisted candidates will be