University of Dar es Salaam Computing Centre (UCC) is an information and communications technology (ICT) company wholly owned by the University of Dar es Salaam (UDSM). UCC provides ICT services and products to the University of Dar es Salaam as well as the general public. Its portfolio of products and services include Software development; ICT Training and consultancy; Internet; Hardware Maintenance and Repair; Networks (i.e. Local Area Network and Wide Area Network) Design, Installation and Maintenance; as well as Web design and Hosting.
UCC hereby invites applications from suitable qualified candidates to immediately fill the following vacant positions currently existing in the company.
Position : Librarian (1 Position City Centre, 1 Position Dodoma)
Department : Training
Reports to : Branch Manager
Duties and responsibilities:
- To perform all activities related to maintaining of the library
- Archiving and information management and ensure that are undertaken properly and ensure that are undertaken properly and in accordance with the relevant policy and procedures
- Maintain circulation of library materials.
- Assist readers in finding books and other library materials.
- Provide proposals and recommendations on necessary improvements on workflow.
- Classify and catalog library materials according to subject index, context and classification
- Facilitate acquisition of books and other periodicals.
- Issue books for loan to students, instructor and other authorized users, makes reservations when the books are not available, shelves back the loaned books that are returned.
- Provide information services to staff, students.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by one’s supervisor(s).
- Holder of Diploma in Library, Archive and Information Management.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in library or in related field.
- Warm personality with strong communication skills.
- Ability to work well under limited supervision.
- Computer literate.
- Testimonials and all Partial transcripts will not be accepted;
- Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts;
- Certificates from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and National Council for Technical Education (NACTE);
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU);
Applicants must attach their certified copies of relevant certificates.
Mode of Application.
The request for Eligible Candidates should be addressed to:
The Managing Director,
University of Dar es Salaam Computing Centre,
P.O. Box 35062,
DAR ES SALAAM.
All requests should be made through the following link http://rms.ucc.co.tz
Note: The applications that will be sent in any other way other than the site or link mentioned above will not be accepted. Closing date for receiving application is two weeks from the date of the first appearance of the advertisement. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.