Senior Manager Compliance
KEY RESULT AREAS:
- To monitor compliance with prudential internal policies, procedures and limits applicable to all bank functions.
- Support Senior Management on compliance laws, rules and standards, including keeping them informed on developments in the area.
- Support Management in achieving Anti-Money Laundering control and compliance related matters.
- Branch monitoring on and adherence to Regulation requirement and directives.
- Review of Head Office units to measure its compliance with Regulatory requirements, policies and procedures.
- Review of daily Bank’s Liquidity Report and identify gaps with proposed solution.
- To measure and monitor exposures to credit risks.
- To coordinate review of bank’s policies.
- To carry central role of educating staff on compliance issues, and acting as a contact point within the bank on all compliance related matters.
- Establish written guidance to staff on the appropriate implementation of compliance laws, rules and standards through policies and procedures and other documents such as compliance manuals, internal codes of conduct and practice.
- To be pro-active in identifying, document and assess the compliance risks associated with the bank’s business activities, including the development of new products and business practices, the proposed establishment of new types of business or customer relationships, or material changes in the nature of such relationships
- To be a member of Bank’s Product Development Committee and ensure all products offered by the bank comply to all government laws and regulations.
- Continuously measure compliance risk or problems (e.g. by using performance indicators) and use such measurements to enhance compliance risk assessment. Some of the potential compliance problems (e.g. an increasing number of customer complaints, irregular trading or payments activity, etc).
- To have the ability to assess the appropriateness of the bank’s compliance procedures and guidelines, promptly follow up any identified deficiencies, and, where necessary, formulate proposals for amendments.
- To be able to monitor and test compliance by performing sufficient and representative compliance testing. The results of the compliance testing should be reported up through the compliance function reporting line in accordance with the bank’s internal risk management procedures
- To generate and submit reports on compliance matters. The reports should refer to the compliance risk assessment that has taken place during the reporting period, including any changes in the compliance risk profile based on relevant measurements such as performance indicators.
- Summarise any identified breaches and/or deficiencies and the corrective measures recommended to address them, and report on corrective measures already taken commensurate with the bank’s compliance risk profile and activities.
- Work as assistant Anti-Money Laundering reporting officer. It may also liaise with relevant external bodies, including regulators, standard setters and external experts.
- Requirement for setting up compliance programme that sets out its planned activities, such as the implementation and review of specific policies and procedures, compliance risk assessment, compliance testing, and educating staff on compliance matters.
- The compliance programme should be risk based and subject to oversight by the Director of Risk Management and Compliance to ensure appropriate coverage across businesses and co-ordination among risk management functions.
- To be active in introducing new ideas which aimed at strengthening compliance functions and Anti-Money Laundering across the Bank.
- Engage departmental and branches compliance officers and ensure they are effective in managing compliance risk across the bank.
- Ensure all regulatory requirements in terms of publications, displaying and functioning of all security tools are implemented across branch networks.
- Update on business licenses, annual published accounts and any other document that is required to be displayed in auspicious location with branches and agent offices.
- To perform any other duties that might be assigned by superior.
PROFESSIONAL AND INTERPERSONAL DETAILS
Education: Degree in Business/Law/Finance/Accounting/Banking/Economics
and Knowledge in Anti-Money Laundering.
Experience: Working experience for at least three years in compliance/AntiMoney Laundering/legal matters of banks; familiar with Bank of Tanzania Risk Management guidelines. Demonstrated experience in managing Compliance and AntiMoney Laundering function including developing policy and procedures for Compliance and Anti-Money Laundering.
The position will attract a competitive salary package, which include benefits.
Applicants are invited to submit their resume (indicating the position title in the
subject heading) via e-mail to: email@example.com
Applications via other methods will not be considered. Applicants need to submit only the
Curriculum Vitae (CV) and the letter of application starting the job advertised. Other credentials will have to be submitted during the interview for authentic check and other administrative measures and
should not in any way be attached during application.