Reporting to: HSE Chief / EngineersYapı Merkezi was founded in 1965 with the aim of producing and constructing contemporary construction projects that will serve humanity by creating an environment of happiness.
We are looking for a responsible HSE TECHNICIAN to facilitate compliance with occupational health and safety (OHS) guidelines to be a part of our Project. You will provide advice on measures to minimize hazards or unhealthy situations. You will also be on a constant lookout for violations.
Yapi Merkezi have fulfilled all the technical and financial requirements for designing and constructing the high-speed electric railway line in Tanzania. The project is Railway construction and the work locations will be Kilosa, Dodoma.
Responsibilities– Support the development of OHS policies and programs
- Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
- Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
- Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
- Initiate and organize OHS training of employees and executives
- Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non-conformity (e.g. not using protective equipment)
- Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
- Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
- Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims
- Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
- Write and submit concrete and accurate reports on incidents
- Adhere to established medical protocols and procedures as well as legal guidelines and health and safety standards
- Requirements / Qualifications- Diploma / BSc / BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred
Possess safety certificate from OSHA
- Proven two years of professional experience
- In depth knowledge of legislation (e.g. OSHA/EPA) and procedures
- Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
- Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
- Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
- Proficient in MS Office; Working knowledge of safety management information systems is a plus
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Diligent with great attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
He/She will be part of the team and responsible for planning, monitoring and reporting of the project progress and capable of working in multinational environment.
Qualified persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.