Global Procurement Associate
The Global Procurement teams are responsible for over $5M in spending each year across over 12,000 transactions and are responsible for all operational goods and service purchasing on behalf of over 700,000 smallholder farmers. We are seeking a strong individual to help improve process efficiency, drive 5% of purchasing cost out of the system, implement process/systems improvement projects, and help build team capacity across multiple countries of operation.
You will directly oversee procurement operations in at least 2 countries of operation and contribute to delivering a world-class purchasing department at the feet of our 700,000+ farmers across East and Southern Africa.
The Overarching Goals Of This Role Are To
- Manage procurement teams while driving execution excellence
- Save costs through improved process efficiency and effective negotiation
- Drive process adherence and compliance
- Drive data-based decision-making
- Build team capacity and support staff professional development
- Responsibilities Of The Global Procurement Associate Will IncludeTeam Management
- Directly manage 2+ in-country procurement teams (i.e. Tanzania and Zambia) providing support on daily operations and capacity building
- Deliver requested items to clients 100% on time, at the right specifications and at prices consistently below market rates
- Set clear and well-documented expectations for all staff members and hold staff accountable to clear, rigorous expectations
- Tap into strong local talent pools to higher top performers with strong potential for growth
- Save Costs for the Organization – Your goal is to save over $500K every year in new cost savings across the value chain for procurement of operational goods and services.
- Coordinate cost-saving measurement activities across OAF countries and continuously improve cost-saving measurement techniques and tools
- Coordinate operational goods and services forecasting activities across countries to help increase on-time delivery, benefit from economies of scale and reduce process repeatability
- Drive procurement cost reduction by developing and implementing strategies including, but not limited to, process-automation of repeatable tasks
- Provide support to in-country teams on major tendering activities
- Map out current procurement practices to identify and implement cost- and time-saving improvements that drive efficiency through reduced cycle times, increased value per transaction, and increased transactions per full-time employee (FTE).
- Tighten Controls Environment – Drive efficiency across the Procurement team by tactically implementing loss prevention tactics and smooth processes.
- Support in-country Procurement Managers in running and assessing of monthly controls to ensure process compliance and minimal fraud risks. This includes developing and running process compliance controls checks across all country procurement teams and reporting on controls to systems and organizational leadership on a monthly basis
- Help reduce financial losses due to fraud by running fraud prevention controls & checks across all OAF countries & rolling out fraud prevention trainings by delivering trainings directly and monitoring compliance to fraud trainings
- Re-think and implement reinforced quality assurance and inventory management processes to reduce % stock outs and eliminate quality issues across the supply chain for operational goods
- Support the implementation of internal audit findings across countries that relate to process improvements and performance metrics
- Quality check data collection and help maintain 100% accurate procurement data to support in/cross-country analysis and procurement strategic decisions. This includes collaborating with SAP Data team to standardize product categories and improve data granularity.
- Support in-country Procurement Managers in identifying operational challenges and defining strategies to reach KPI targets. This involves helping country managers with professional development goal setting, accountability, and capacity building initiatives.
- Collaborate with SAP Data team to improve performance tracking tools in terms of accuracy, usefulness, and transparency
- Coordinate procurement performance reporting activities while providing visibility to country program leadership
Success In This Role Means
- Reduce sourcing cycle times to 14 days max across all countries through streamlined processes and staff performance improvement
- Procurement data is 100% accurate and entered on time
- Drive new cost savings of $500K per year
- Goods & services delivered 100% OTIF at the right specifications and following the correct procurement procedures in countries you directly manage
- Increased value per transaction and transaction per FTE through reduced process repetition, bulk procurement of commonly requested goods, and other process automation
- Full transparency in team performance metrics to Purchasers and country leadership
Career Growth and Development
We have a strong culture of constant learning and we invest in developing our people. You’ll have weekly check-ins with your manager, access to mentorship and training programs, and regular feedback on your performance. We hold career reviews every six months, and set aside time to discuss your aspirations and career goals. You’ll have the opportunity to shape a growing organization and build a rewarding long-term career.
We are seeking exceptional professionals with experience in and a passion for procurement and supply chain. Experience in an entrepreneurial environment is a plus. Candidates that meet the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
Work experience in a demanding professional environment, preferably in positions where frequent cross-department communication was required
Experience in procurement, supply chain, engineering, or consulting preferred, but not required
Ability to work and make decisions independently
A passion for world class customer service
Strong sense of ethics, honesty, and integrity
Creativity and strong problem-solving skills. You don’t take no for an answer and constantly look for alternative solutions to problems.
At least 5 years’ experience including 2 years of people or project management experience
Passion for capacity building and investing in others
Experience managing remote teams is a plus
Strong computer skills in at least Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required, experience using SAP preferred
Able to independently structure analyses related to procurement subject matter
Strong attention to detail
Strong verbal and written communication skills with reports, peers, and management
Related Master’s Degree is an asset, but not strictly required
Language: Fluent in English, French preferred
Preferred Start Date
Commensurate with experience
Health insurance, paid time off
Sponsor International Candidates
Yes; East Africans are strongly encouraged to apply.
One Acre Fund never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process. Official One Acre Fund emails will always arrive from an @oneacrefund.org address. Please report any suspicious communication here.