Finance Officer Intern
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a not for profit organization in Tanzania contributing to address public health priorities. MDH works with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children; as well as academic and non-academic institutions to address the problems of Tuberculosis, Malaria, HIV/AIDS, Nutrition, Maternal and Child Health and to undertake initiatives to advance public health research, education, and services for improving the lives of people. MDH (Sub recipient) with collaboration with Amref as Prime Though Global funds in implementing TB model in 8 Region in Tanzania
MDH is seeking for AN INTERN to fill the positions of:
FINANCE OFFICER ( 1 )
Location: Dar es Salaam
Reports to: Finance and Administration Officer
The Finance officer intern is self-motivated individual whose objective is to assist the Project Finance and Admin Officer and the entire finance team on finance roles that pertains to the proper funds management for the TB Project. He/She will be responsible to report to the Finance and Administration Officer who will supervise him/her on daily work activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Record and posting of approved financial transactions into accounting system.
- Maintaining banking records and filling them in an appropriate manner.
- Executing activities payment via mobile money systems and capturing the records in the accounting
- Processing duly approved disbursements of both cash and banking adherence to policy and procedures
- Ensuring that all payment requisitions are complete with all necessary support documentation such as Pro forma invoices/bids, LPO, selection minutes, delivery notes, tax invoices etc, before making payments,
- Also ensuring that all payments are properly coded and cancelled with PAID stamp.
- Be part of report preparation for internal and external stakeholders use.
- Be part of audit preparation and for the purpose of learning support the entire audit process.
- Perform all other work related duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Requirements: Education and experience
University degree/advanced diploma in Business, Finance, Administration or Accounting
Knowledge on accounts payables, receivables, cash, bank and maintaining general ledger • Interpersonal skills, bookkeeping skills and attention to details
Ability to work independently and as a team.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter, a detailed copy of their CV, and names and contact information of formal Education Institution
Applications should be submitted by Monday 23/09/2018, to the Human Resource Director through e-mail email@example.com or dropped by hand at the MDH Head Office in Dar es Salaam, Mikocheni, along Mwai Kibaki Road, Plot No. 802.