Head of Finance
Our world is our playground, a platform for the creativity of all seven billion of us. Sometimes it’s hard to believe that a world that works for all of us can be possible. But the opportunities are all around us. While we all hope for a better future for our world, many of us are building it. If you are a builder, we are betting on you.
47 years ago, we started building a world we all want to live in.
We started in Bangladesh. We listened and learnt, failed and got up again. We never stopped trying. And we never will. We trust in people, and we take on the impossible, every day. Fighting poverty, building platforms for tolerance, equality and inclusion, saying no to violence against women and children.
BRAC is the world’s largest non-governmental organization with over 100,000 employees reaching an estimated 135 million people,
BRAC is one of the largest providers of financial services to households rising out of poverty in eleven countries across Asia (Myanmar and Afghanistan) and Sub-Saharan Africa (Liberia, Sierra Leone, Rwanda, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda South Sudan, Philippines and Nepal). The mission of BRAC International Microfinance is to provide a range of financial services responsibly to people at the bottom of the pyramid. We particularly focus on women living in poverty in rural and hard to reach areas to create self-employment opportunities, build financial resilience, and harness women’s entrepreneurial spirit by empowering them economically. BRAC has had a microfinance programme since 1974, which provides collateral-free loans to mostly poor, landless, rural women, enabling them to generate income and improve their standards of living. BRAC’s microcredit program has funded over $1.9 billion in loans in its first 40 years. It will be starting microfinance operations in Rwanda in the first quarter of 2019.
BRAC International is seeking applications from competent, dynamic and self-motivated individuals to fill up the following position:
Head of Finance, BRAC Tanzania
Job Location: Dar es Salam
Smooth and efficient management of Finance & Accounts Department in Country. Lead the country finance team to ensure adequate financial controls are in place in all level, advise the country rep on various investments and fiscal matter and ensure preparation and timely submission of different financial reports adhering local and international accounting standards.
- Oversee accounts and finance management for all operations in BRAC Country Operation including consolidation, Ensure full cost recovery budgets are prepared.
- Lead the Finance & Accounts team and work closely with other departments specially IT (Information Technology) and Audit,
- Apply analytical procedure and ratio analysis; perform tax, audit and MIS related functions. Manage country treasury in an effective and efficient manner, analyse country scenario and manage investments.
- Advise and suggest Country Representative on accounting concept and treatment; responsible for producing budget variance for every program for all programs.
- Maintain liaison with donors and work with external/ internal auditors to ensure clean reporting.
- Transmission of monthly accounts to BRAC International, Head Office; dealing with payroll related issue, Cash Management, Accounts Payable, Donor reporting.
- Coordinate with Manager-IT BRAC International. Improve the quality of Country Finance personal and work on the capacity of development of field accountants.
- Work closely with BRAC International on Finance & Accounting related issues.
- Demonstrable leadership, organizational, managerial and communication skills
- Ability to think strategically, conceptualize new ideas, digest and analyze complex information and present coherent work plan or implementation plan
- Entrepreneurial and proactive
- Possess professional attitude and diligence and able to work independently as well as work in a team
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage time efficiently
- Strong analytical and information gathering skills
- Strong communication and representational skills
- Knowledge on IAS/IFRS, Accounting, Budgeting, Finance, Auditing, Tax, VAT, Fiscal laws and their application
- In depth knowledge of International standard on Auditing.
- Should be sincere, polite, dynamic, hardworking and willing to work under pressure
- Should have good communication and presentation skill in English
- Sound knowledge on Computer Literacy.
Masters / MBA in Accounting/Finance from any recognized university with minimum second class/division or equivalent CGPA in all academic records. Professional degree in CPA/CA/ACCA.
- At least 8 years of managerial experience in Finance & Accounts in national or international organization.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a leadership position demonstrating strong and effective result.
- Experience in financial sector is an added advantage.
- Professional knowledge in diverse development approaches
Employment type: Contractual
If you feel you are the right match for above mentioned position, please email your CV with a letter of interest mentioning your educational grades, years of experience, current and expected salary at email@example.com . Please mention the name of the position, country applied for and AD# 42/19 in the subject bar.
Only complete applications will be accepted and short listed candidates will be contacted. Application deadline: September 30, 2019
Women and nationals of African Countries are encouraged to apply
BRAC believes every one of its employees, suppliers, downstream partners, visitors, clients and community including children, youth and vulnerable adults that come into contact regardless of age, race, religion, gender, disability or ethnic origin has the right to be protected from all forms of harm, abuse, neglect, harassment, and exploitation. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will do everything possible to ensure that those who are suitable to work within our values and beliefs are recruited to work for us.