Position: Relationship Manager
Locations: Dar es salaam Region
Job Function: Institutional Banking
Employee Status: Regular
Job ID: 19034679
The Relationship Manager is an intermediate-level position responsible for assisting clients in raising funds in the capital markets, as well as in providing strategic advisory services for mergers, acquisitions and other types of financial transactions in coordination with the Institutional Banking team. The Relationship Manager also serves as an intermediary in trading for clients. The overall objective of this role is to act as strategic advisor to our clients by formulating investment strategies and raising capital for clients.
- Expand a portfolio of accounts with varying/complex financial needs with the objective of revenue growth and good credit quality in line with Citi’s credit standards, policies and processes
- Identify customer needs and recommend solutions to address these needs, such as financing, streamlining of cash management operations, foreign currency solutions, etc.
- Cross-sell banking products, including cash management, trade finance, trade services, structured trade products, foreign exchange, commodities, fixed income, loans (including syndicated, bilateral) and capital market products
- Responsible for all credit aspects of the relationship including annual reviews, early problem recognition and remedial management
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of experience
- MBA or Master’s degree in Business preferred
- Proven and progressive related lending/credit experience or equivalent product experience
- Demonstrated credit skills, including a background in credit
- Experience with large corporate clients, capital markets products, derivatives, credit, cash management, trade, finance and securities products preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of Corporate Banking business including related products, pertinent regulations and the lending and credit approval process
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven analytical, planning, negotiation, and organizational skills
- Series 7 and 63 licenses preferred
Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Time Type : Full time
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities.