The objectives of this position is to perform the driving of DRC Kibondo work and ensure the safety of the staff, looking after the vehicle assign to you, and ensure that the DRC driving rules and regulations as well as Tanzania are strictly followed.
- To perform all regular driving duties for DRC Kibondo (Tanzania)
- To ensure that you are familiar with safety procedures relating to vehicle and travel, and that all such procedures and guidelines are followed
- To take responsibility for the safety of passengers, and to ensure both driver and passengers fasten seatbelts at all times.
- To ensure that vehicles are properly maintained and fuelled at all times
- To carry out daily checks (water, oil, battery, tires, windscreen wipers, etc.) and clean the vehicles to which you are driving
- To accurately record all journeys made in the log sheets of the vehicle.
- To ensure that all traffic regulations in Tanzania and speed limits are observed at all times.
- To adhere to all security guidelines of DRC
- Responsible for all equipment’s and tools on board on the vehicle and account for.
- Responsible of goods loaded in the vehicle and deliver them to the recipient in good conditions.
- To ensure that the vehicle is securely locked at all times when not in use
- To perform related duties as and when required by DRC
- A valid driving license which covers all light vehicle
- Responsible attitude and a mature understanding of the nature of the work
- Experience of driving four-wheel drive vehicles
- At least a year experience in off road driving
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Verbal and written in English
- Experience working as a driver for an NGO
- Experience in basic mechanics
Closing Date: 2019-09-27