Position: Clinical Officer – Ifakara (1 post)
The Institute runs a research platform in collaboration with St. Francis Referral Hospital (SFRH) and governmental authorities, the Kilombero and Ulanga Antiretroviral Cohort (KIULARCO). The Clinical Officer will be required to evaluate, diagnose, attend patients with HIV and or Tuberculosis in the in- and outpatient facilities at St. Francis Referral Hospital (SFRH) to deliver improved services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Attend people living with HIV and/or tuberculosis according to National Guidelines for Clinical Management of HIV/AIDS and TB, Standard Treatment Guidelines and Local guidelines.
- Diagnose and treat opportunistic infections (OI) and/or referral to appropriate departments.
- Maintain proper patient documentation, filling of electronic case report forms (CRF) within KIULARCO and paper forms according to government guidelines, including CTC 1/2, STI and TB screening tool.
- Maintain patient information for KIULARCO and ongoing clinical studies.
- Filling information into data system (paper and electronic).
- Working in full agreement with the job descriptions, CDCI, hospital and government (MOHSW) regulations.
- Attend all compulsory meetings as per schedule provided by project.
- Contribution in planning, coordination and performance of research activities/studies organized by IHI.
- Perform any other duties as instructed by supervisors.
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine (Clinical Officer)
Skills and Competencies
- Fluent in Swahili and English.
- Interest in TB/HIVgood clinical understanding of diseases and assessment of patients.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative management style.
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with senior professionals.
- Planning and organizing.
- Professional attitude to work and a clear work ethics.
- Able to adhere to IHI core values, Integrity, Transparence, responsibility, Respect and initiative.
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to successful candidates as per IHI technical schemes of service
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below. The deadline for this application is: September 27, 2019.
All e-mail application subject lines should read: CLINICAL OFFICER – CDCI.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager,
Ifakara Health Institute,
Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
P. o. Box 78373,
Dar es Salaam