We are looking for a Technical Manager, who wants to become part of our high-tech vegetable seed production station in Tanzania.
What are you going to do as a Technical Manager?
The Technical Manager is positioned within our technical team in Tanzania. As a Technical Manager you are responsible for all maintenance and construction at the farm.
You stimulate innovation and you are always open for ways to improve technical processes all in the right order of priority. From that perspective and beyond maintenance only you will coordinate all improvement (new build and revision for example) projects at the farm making sure value is added every day.
The main task of the Technical Manager is to make sure all machines and technical installations are well kept and operational. You will also assist with the construction of buildings and implementation of the installations. You are the technical sparring partner of the General Manager during the development of new technical projects.
The main duties of this role will include:
- Schedule preventative and reoccurring maintenance tasks with the use of our software package.
- Diagnose and repair mechanical & electrical defects.
- Ensure that all staff within the technical department fully understand and comply with company and statutory requirements in terms of Health & Safety and operating procedures.
- Ensure with the technical team that targets are met and achieved.
- Trains technical staff to work with the various high-tech equipment.
- To fulfill these tasks you will work with two direct assistants and a team of about 25 persons who are under your direct responsibility.
We want to meet a Technical Manager with great people and management skills who has the ambition to grow beyond and become an important leader of our plant in Tanzania. You feel right at home in a manufacturing and technical environment and you are focused on collaboration. Your flexibility and adaptiveness enable you to work with people of a different culture. You excel in planning, organising and project management keeping an eye on efficiency and costs making sure you are getting the best of your technical team. You have a Bachelor degree in electrical or mechanical engineering and at least 3 years of relevant leadership experience.
- You have a Bachelor degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering (or comparable).
- You have at least 3 years of experience as a Manager in in a comparable maintenance related environment.
- You have a pragmatic approach.
- You are fluent in English.
- Tanzanians are stimulated to apply.
- You have affinity with agriculture/horticulture.
Enza Zaden is a vegetable breeding company that develops vegetable varieties. We produce and sell the seeds of these varieties all over the world. Both for conventional and organic growers.
Our goal is to grant people access to healthy vegetables. Anywhere in the world. Every day, more than 460 million people worldwide eat our vegetables. So, we are getting there … but there is still enough work to be done! Of course, we look further than present needs. In 2050, when there will be about 10 billion inhabitants on our planet, we also want to make sure that people have access to healthy vegetables.
To achieve this, our vegetable breeders work with the best that nature offers. Supported by state-of-the-art technologies to speed up our breeding process. And that is really necessary, because currently the development of a new vegetable variety takes at least 6 years. We focus on higher yield, resistance to diseases and pests and climate extremes such as heat and drought. And on taste, shelf life and nutrients. The results? Strong, healthy tasty and climate-proof vegetable varieties with higher yield per square meter and less need of crop protection products or fertilizer. In short, sustainability is truly in our DNA.
Our head office in Enkhuizen is our home base, but we have colleagues all over the world. Enza Zaden is an independent family business, where around 2000 employees from more than 40 nationalities closely work together in international teams.
Please, send your application to our HR department, via the button below. More information:
Martine Rook, Recruiter, +31228 784 638