Enterprise Solutions -Senior Consultant
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across four (4) countries of the region: Tanzania, Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda. Deloitte Tanzania has an exciting opportunity for a qualified individual to join our Enterprise Solutions department as a Senior Consultant to support technology advisory services in our Dar es Salaam Office.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Tanzania and within the East Africa market.
About the Department
The Enterprise Solutions provides a variety of Enterprise Applications and Technology Integration solutions to assist clients in achieving business value through Information Technology (IT). This is achieved by providing a spectrum of services ranging from advisory right through to implementation. We help clients gather, analyze, access, and use information from across the enterprise to create value in all aspects of their business – from the back office to the front desk, from Customer Relationship Management (CRM) to Supply Chain to Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
What you will do/Specialized Competencies:
- Ensures that client issues are identified and addressed appropriately in accordance with Deloitte policies while leveraging on firm resources;
- Anticipates client needs and keeps in touch with senior client management to address them without compromising the interests and integrity of Deloitte;
- Provides business thought leadership in technology services;
- Develops new and innovative approaches to analyzing raw data to help draw meaningful conclusions.;
- Takes a lead role in coaching and providing performance feedback to the team and inspires others to do the same;
- Fosters an environment of continuous learning and development;
- Develops the technology advisory business by leveraging own network to build and strengthen the network of others with the aim of winning new business;
- Coaches others on how to communicate the business case for change and respond to challenges;
- Makes budget, scope and staffing decisions to ensure quality, maximize profitability and sell the work;
- Oversees work plan and resources to deliver projects within established budget and timeline;
- Leverages team to maintain own focus on the client relationship, critical issues and key decisions;
- Promote practice economics by ensuring billing and collections are done expeditiously;
- Keep abreast of technology trends and how they affect business;
- Use judgment to identify risk and apply global and local quality processes and risk procedures to each client;
- Defines the broader business objectives to guide the work of others;
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and work experience:
- Undergraduate degree in IT related field (e.g. Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Networking, IT, etc.)
- Master degree in any related field is an added advantage
- IT related technical certifications are also added advantages (e.g. CCNA, MCSE, CISA, TOGAF, Agile PMP, etc.)
- At least 4 – 6 years’ experience in consulting ;
- Experience with a professional services firm is an added advantage;
- Strong communication skills (oral and written);
- Effective presentation skills;
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- Well-developed skills for use of office tools including Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Strong critical thinking skills;
- Attention to detail.
- Additional Information
- Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioral Capabilities
Living our Purpose – Identifies and embraces our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life.
Influence – Builds relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders.
Performance drive – Seeks opportunities to challenge self; teams with others across businesses and borders to deliver and takes accountability for own and team results.
Strategic direction – Understands objectives for member firms/stakeholders and Deloitte Global, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador
How you will grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fastchanging business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue grow throughout their career.
Deloitte is led by purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work-always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html.
To the successful candidate, the firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energized team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working together to make an impact that matters.
Closing date: 29 September 2019
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or give favours as part of the recruitment process.