Assistant Professors/Lecturers in Assessment, Measurement and Evaluation in Education
Chartered in 1983, Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, autonomous and self-governing international university, with 13 teaching sites in 6 countries over three continents (www.aku.edu). An integral part of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org), AKU provides higher education in several disciplines, carries out research pertinent to the countries and operates 7 hospitals (soon 8) and over 325 outreach clinics, all at international standards. It has almost 2,500 students and 14,000 staff. The University is both a model of academic excellence and an agent of social change. As an international institution, AKU operates on the core principles of quality, relevance, impact and access.
Since 2001, AKU has offered academic programmes in nursing, medicine and education for and in countries in East Africa. Successful candidates will work at the Aga Khan University-Institute for Educational Development in East Africa (IED-EA) based in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania.
The ideal candidate will have an academic background and teaching experience in educational assessment, measurement and evaluation. We highly recommend people who besides having this as their areas of specialization; are also capable in teaching Science Education at a graduate level.
- Conform to University’s policies and established performance norms in teaching and learning;
- Conversant with policies and trends in teaching of assessment measurement & evaluation and science education;
- Provide consultancy to national and international organizations in area of expertise or field of interest;
- Participate as a member on AKU-IED and University wide committees;
- Provide leadership in local professional associations;
- Commit to engaging in all other duties as assigned by the Director or AKU.
- A PhD degree in the relevant field and related work experience;
- Demonstrated ability to define research projects and securing a competitive grant for it, undertaking the research, publishing and disseminating research findings.
- The successful candidates for these positions will be required to teach in the Institute’s Graduate Programme as well as in short courses that are offered via the Institute’s Centre for Life Long Learning. They will be expected to set and mark assignments as well as supervise students’ research and dissertations. They will also be expected to participate in the preliminary plans of initiating a doctoral programme that the IED-EA plans to introduce.
Candidates meeting the above requirements and seeking professional growth and an excellent work environment should forward their letter of application, curriculum vitae, testimonials and addresses (postal and email) of three referees to the Human Resources Office, AKU, P.O. Box 125, Dar es Salaam; Fax (+255) (0)22 2150875 or email email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. More information about these positions is available via the following website http://www.aku.edu
Applications should be submitted latest by October 6, 2019