Accountant/ Administrative Officer
Savings Banks Foundation for International Cooperation (SBFIC) specializes in international development cooperation within the financial sector in East Africa. In this regard, SBFIC wants to hire an Accountant/ Administrative Officer for its office in Mwanza/ Tanzania with solid experience in this area. The Accountant/ Administrative Officer will ensure operational compliance with SBFIC ́s internal policies and procedures and will support the operational excellence of the whole organization.
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Mid level
Experience Length: 3 years
Roles and responsibilities
- Execute all accounting tasks including timely recording of transactions, cash management, bank transactions, preparation of payroll.
- Maintain and monitor the books of accounts, e.g. ledger, cash book and all other records as required.
- Ensure timely payment of salaries, taxes and other expenditures.
- Check conformity and accuracy of payment requests.
- Maintain bank relationship, plan and monitor the cash flow requirements.
- Registration of new employees for social insurance and taxes.
- Administrative tasks including logistics and procurement
- Coordinate and prepare internal budget controlling.
- Maintain proper records and prepare for internal and external audits.
- Prepare and submit obligatory reports to respective authorities (TRA, registrar of NGOs, etc.).
- Ensure compliance with internal procedures;
- Other tasks as assigned by the management.
- Minimum 3–5 years’ work experience with high levels of responsibility in a similar position (non-profit accounting would be a plus).
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA);
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business management, public administration or related field required.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, especially Excel;
- Proficiency in English and Swahili (spoken and written).
- Analytical and results-oriented work approach.
- Strong communication and teamwork skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work independently with strong attention to detail.
- Stress resistant team player with service orientation, flexibility, and a sense of pragmatism.
The main work location for the Accountant/ Administrative Officer will be Mwanza. Missions to other locations in Tanzania are common and occur occasionally to other countries in East Africa, especially Burundi, Rwanda, and Uganda.
What we offer
- Working on interesting and diversified tasks with a high level of self-responsibility.
- Insights into a well-structured organization in the area of international development cooperation.
- Working in a dedicated and supportive international team;
- Monthly salary according to the contract.
How to apply
Please submit your CV, a cover letter and relevant certificates (incl. transcripts of records) clearly demonstrating your knowledge, experience and motivation as well as highlighting your suitability for the assignment to email@example.com Add your salary expectations to your e-mail. Please send your complete application documents as one PDF file. Applications will be received not later than October 8th, 2019.