To develop and implement effective marketing strategies, content and marketing analysis that will maximise fundraising revenue by building awareness of The School of St Jude, attracting new supporters and retaining existing supporters
Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
Experience Level: Executive level
Experience Length: 3 years
Reporting To – Head of Marketing
Location – Sisia Campus, Moshono, Tanzania
Work Relationships – Business and Academic teams
- Develop annual marketing strategies for online marketing.
- Develop annual visitor marketing strategies and public relations strategies.
- Contribute to the development of an annual work program timeline with deadlines for key marketing initiatives.
- Devise implementation plans for regular and feature online marketing campaigns, visitor marketing and public relations activities.
- In consultation with the Head of Marketing:
- Brand Alignment
- Consistently apply the school’s Branding Guidelines and Writing Style Guide and editorial policy to all communications materials created and reviewed, and provide advice to other departments about their application as required.
- Marketing and Communications Materials
- Write and coordinate the production and publication of engaging content for digital communications including social media posts, videos and podcasts for a wide variety of platforms.
- Write and coordinate the production of creative and compelling marketing communications materials such as reports, brochures/flyers, fact sheets, case studies, promotional resources and newsletter articles as required.
- Work with the graphic designer to revise existing and/or create new marketing communications materials as required.
Public Relations and Visitor Marketing
- Seek and coordinate public relations activities, including writing media statements and packs that will build awareness and support for St Jude’s by the Tanzanian Government, in-country media, and local community stakeholders.
- Develop strategies to increase visitor numbers to the school and create relevant marketing activities and materials that will increase the conversion of visitors to sponsors, donors, speakers and fundraisers.
- Manage the school’s profile on Trip Advisor, and other travel review platforms, and develop strategies to increase ratings.
- Plan and execute systematic and thorough tests on target audience engagement and make recommendations that will help fundraising activities adapt to changing supporter behavior and values.
- Provide insightful and timely results analysis that helps to improve future marketing activity and are communicated clearly to everyone who needs to understand them.
- Work with business and academic teams in accordance with approved communications and authority protocols.
- Ensure data entered into the CRM database and other data recording systems is accurate and up-to-date.
- Review the newsletter subscription list monthly to ensure bounced records are assessed and updated as required and new subscribers to the newsletter list are added to CiviCRM.
- Periodically review that new supporters on the database are being automatically added to the newsletter list.
- Maintain awareness of security procedures in regard to storing, recording and transferring data in accordance with St Jude’s privacy and child protection policies.
Monitoring and Review
- Conduct market segmentation research and analysis to ensure a comprehensive understanding of current and potential target audiences.
- Generate monthly and quarterly reports including outputs and outcomes (results) in line with department KPIs.
- Monitor, review and update strategies, plans, processes and procedures as required, and at least annually in October.
- Review new technologies and keep up to date with latest trends in marketing and fundraising analysis, making recommendations for relevant revenue generating initiatives.
- Keep updated with current marketing and fundraising trends that may positively influence marketing practice.
- In collaboration with business office managers and department heads implement agreed improvements and modifications to marketing activities.
- Always look to develop new and innovative ideas to engage supporters and improve supporter engagement, retention and renewal.
- Support the values, vision, mission and strategic goals of the school.
- Periodically suggest improvements to the departments’ procedures and submit to supervisor for approval.
- Participate in House Checks as requested by Community Relations team.
- Participate and support fellow staff in school mission related activities such as all School Celebration Days throughout the year.
- Participate in student selection process, in particular working after hours on rest days and public holidays up to 20 Saturdays per annum.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Marketing and C&SD Manager.
Key Result Areas
- Increase engagement with visitors to the school, measured by ratings on Trip Advisor and other review platforms, mentions in social media and media engagement.
- Increase key media representation which will lead to greater financial contributions and word of mouth marketing.
- Improved organisational knowledge of audience, resulting in targeted communications and increased revenue.
- Ensure thorough communication and follow-up between school supporters and fundraising and visitor departments.
- Create consistent and appealing communication materials.
Qualifications, Skills & Attributes
- Degree in Marketing or Communications.
- Experience in fundraising or not-for profit marketing roles viewed favourably.
- Demonstrated high level English verbal, written and visual communication skills including ability to create compelling communications materials.
How to Apply
Interested Candidates for this job are kindly requested to send their
CV accompanied by a Cover Letter to email@example.com.
Applications should be sent by 4th October 2019. SUBJECT LINE MUST INCLUDE THE REFERENCE NUMBER
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!