Accounts Assistant Grade l / Assistant Accountant
Max Educational Services Limited invites applications from suitable, qualified and experienced Tanzanians to apply for the following vacant positions available at Mary Immaculate Institute of Technology and Management (MIITM) and Santa Maria Institute of Health And Allied Sciences (SMIHAS).
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT GRADE I/ ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT
Qualifications: Accounts Assistant Grade I / Assistant Accountant
Holders of BBA (Accounting, Finance), B.Com (Accounting)or Advanced Diploma in Accountancy or Professional Level I or its equivalent with knowledge of Micro soft office . Tally ERP 9 and three years-experience in similar position is prefered.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform some elements of clerical duties;
- Making income and expense entries and postings;
- Check entries for accuracy;
- Reconciliation of students fee payment ledger;
- Entering vendor invoices, paying bills and creating invoices for its clients
- Prepare various payment reports, schedules and lists of various expenditures;
- Maintain book and various registers (e.g. debtor, Imprest creditors);
- Set up new accounts in general ledger; reconcile selected general ledger accounts; write journal entries for reclassification of expenses as needed.
- Ensure that all accounting documents are properly filed;
- Prepare monthly pay slips for each employee, and keeping records and pay-roll registers;
- Maintain the employees ledger for staff advances, loans and duty travel imp rest;
- Maintain registers for debtors accurately and up-to-date;
- Responsible for banking of all cheques coming in to the University;
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliation and Perform account reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts as requested by Auditors.
- Perform any other duties assigned to him by the supervisor.
Mode of applications:
Qualifying candidates are encouraged to submit their applications accompanied with relevant photograph, copies of certificate of degree awards, academic transcript, curriculum vitae and birth certificate with names of three referees together with their contact address and any other relevant document portraying their competence in the field.
Interviews for shortlisted applicants will be arranged and the dates will be communicated to them
Apply within 15 days to
Max Educational Services Limited
P.O.Box 11007, Dar es Salaam
The applications should be submitted to the Email address above not later than October 15th 2019