Head, ICT Projects & Channels Support
CRDB Bank Plc is an African bank and a leading Financial Services Provider in Tanzania with current presence in Tanzania and Burundi, East Africa. The Bank was established in 1996 and was listed on The Dar Es Salaam Stock exchange (DSE) in June 2009. Over the years, CRDB Bank has grown to become the most innovative and preferred financial services partner in the region. Supported by a robust portfolio and uniquely tailored products, CRDB Bank remains the most responsive bank in the region.
We are looking to recruit suitably qualified and competent individuals to join our Information and Communication Technology on the following positions:
- Responsible for Coordinating activities and functions of: ICT Project Management, Software Development and Self-service Channels systems support.
- ICT Project Management: Coordinating implementation of small ICT related projects, i.e. Integrations, Upgrades, Migrations, etc.
- Software Development: Implement systems enhancements and Second level support for In-House developed applications.
- Self-service / Channels systems support: Improvements and Second level support of all Channels systems: Internet Banking, Mobile Banking, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), etc.
- Responsible for the Management of Card Systems: Improvements and Seconds level support of ATM / POS Switch systems, Card Production systems, Card Management systems (Debit, Credit, Pre-paid, etc,), Integrations with National / Local & Regional Switches, International Card Payments schemes (Visa, MasterCard, CUP, RuPay, etc.)
- Leads the definition of a portfolio of programs, projects, and/or on-going Self-Service Channels provision.
- Engages and influences senior managers to ensure the portfolio and Channels will deliver the agreed business objectives.
- Plans, schedules, monitors and reports on activities related to the portfolio Cards systems and Channels to ensure that each part contributes to the overall achievement of the products.
- Collects, summarizes and reports on portfolio KPIs often through the deployment of business management processes and systems.
- Identifies issues with portfolio structure, cost, risk, inter-dependencies, impact on current business activities and the strategic benefits to be realized.
- Notifies projects/programs/change initiatives of issues and recommends and monitors corrective action. Reports on portfolio status as appropriate.
- Setting SMART Objectives and conduct Performance Evaluation for Direct Reports in the section
- Prepare monthly progress update reports of the section.
- Prepare and control annual budget (CAPEX & OPEX) of the section.
- Setup and implement cost saving initiatives.
- Develop & update policies, procedures and processes to improve efficiency & productivity of the section.
Skills and Knowledge required for the Role
- Technical knowledge of ICT Security & Governance solutions People Management & leadership knowledge.
- Team player that motivates and trains other team members.
- Leadership and personnel management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills. SLA and vendor Management skills.
Education and Experience
- Post graduate or equivalent degree.
- Computer Science, Software Engineering, Telecom Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent or related undergraduate degree.
- At least one of the two degrees should be ICT related
- At least one professional qualification in ITSM related area (i.e. ITIL or COBIT)
- Project management certification (PMP or Prince 2)
- At least 3 Senior Manager role overseeing large scale portfolios in a bank of similar size and scale.
- At least 10 years of experience in ICT related role
- At least 5 years of experience leading ICT projects in organizations of similar size and scale
- Knowledge and experience in executing Agile Software development Methodology
- Knowledge and experience in supporting ATM switch, Card Management systems and Self-Service Channels systems.
- Experience and ability to work effectively in a dynamic, collaborative and fast-paced atmosphere.
CRDB BANK PLC offers competitive remuneration and benefits. Successful candidates will receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with the demands of the position.
MODE OF APPLICATION & CLOSING DATE
Interested candidates who meet the criteria should submit an Application Letter accompanied with copies of academic transcripts, certificates and with a detailed up to date CV with two work related referees addressed to the Director of Human Resources not later than 9th October 2019.
Director of Human Resources
CRDB Bank Limited
P.O. Box 268
DAR ES SALAAM