Position: Safety Administrator
African Underground Mining Services (AUMS) is an international leader in mechanised hard rock underground mining with operations throughout Africa (Ghana, Tanzania, Mali, Burkina Faso) Established in 2007, we have spent over 11 years building a strong reputation for being a safe and high performing underground mining services contractor. We are driven by the continued success at our operations and exceeding our client’s expectations – both in terms of safety and performance. AUMS is a joint venture of recently merged Australian Mining Contractors Barminco Ltd and Ausdrill Ltd making the business the second largest Mining Services provider in Australia. The collective talent and expertise of our workforce is the key to our success, and we are looking for talented people to join our business.
We seek to build teams who are loyal, committed to our company values and dedicated to helping our clients. In return, we provide state of the art facilities, equipment, technology and opportunities to work on projects in Australia and Overseas. We look forward to receiving your application for the the mentioned position.
Minimum Qualification: Diploma
Experience Level: Mid level
Experience Length: 1 year
To ensure the Administration component of a Mine Site Office is running efficiently and effectively as guided by immediate supervisor and trainer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Ensure a safe workplace for all employees, contractors and visitors by maintaining compliance with Occupational Health and Safety regulations, policies & procedures.
2. Update and manage employee files and databases, including training records, policies, and procedures as directed by the Senior EHS&T Coordinator.
3. Entry of corrective actions, Task Observations and Inspections into the KPI register.
4. Maintain office filing system ensuring all correspondence is distributed.
5. Manage general office duties including answering phones, general typing, maintaining whiteboards and any other office duties.
6. Help Prepare end of month reports for both the client and employer.
7. Liaise with HR and client for new employee site clearances.
8. Liaise with a wide variety of people on various administration functions.
9. Co-ordinate the induction of new employees on site.
10. Maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the position. This includes protecting the privacy of personal information when collecting, holding, using or disclosing information.
11. Willingness to learn mining software package MyOsh.
12. Maintain the site training matrix for both National and Expat personnel.
High level computer literacy with excellent Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills. Ability to adapt quickly and learn new software packages quickly.
Able to speak and understand English.
Able to liaise with upper management personnel.
Previous experience in mining or heavy industry is preferable.
Certificate in business administration.
Completion of secondary education
Advanced skills in written and verbal English
MODE OF APPLICATION
If you have the necessary skills, drive and experience to be an asset to AUMS Operations Team, we welcome your interest and encourage you to apply.
Only applications with a current Resume attached will be considered for employment.
Please send your CV along with a detailed covering letter via email
Application letters should reach the above on or before 18th October 2019,18hr00.