Credit Appraisal Manager
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited (TADB) is a Government Institution established under the Companies Act, 2002 and licensed under the provisions of the Banking and Financial Institutions Act No 5 of 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions (Development Finance) Regulations, 2012. The bank was established for the following purposes, among others:
To catalyze credit delivery to the agricultural sector and thereby accelerate agricultural development and overall economic growth;
To become an apex agricultural financing bank and an important player in the implementation of the Government’s development vision, policies and programmes, including but not limited to the Tanzania Development Vision 2015, Agricultural Sector Development Programme, Kilimo Kwanza Initiative, Second-Generation Financial Sector Reforms as well as in the furtherance of the National Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty for Mainland Tanzania (MKUKUTA), and Zanzibar Strategy for Growth and Reduction of Poverty (MKUZA).
TADB is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacancy:
Credit Appraisal Manager
Department: DIRECTORATE OF CREDIT & BUSINESS
Category: Credit Appraisal
Highest Education: Minimum Education Masters / Postgraduate
Gender: Does not matter
Experience: Minimum Experience 6 Year
Other experience: 3 years must be in a senior level in reputable company or financial institution
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The successful candidate will report to the Director of Portfolio Management. He/She has overall responsibility for the appraisal of credit applications and management of corporate relationships and loan portfolio.
- To obtain all the client information necessary for the appraisal of a credit proposition and liaise with Credit Analysts as and when appropriate.
- To prepare and submit an Application for Credit in relation to proposed credit facilities.
- To prepare and ensure issuance of an offer letter to the client based on the approved Application for Credit.
- To co-ordinate with other departments to ensure that all required documentation is prepared and that this complies with the terms of the credit approval.
- To maintain frequent and close contact with each client and continuously monitor outstanding credit facilities.
- To monitor receipt of periodical statement of balance sheet, profit and loss, inventory, receivables, etc. from the client as required by the terms of the credit approval.
- To monitor the value of security and inspect goods hypothecated/pledged to the bank in accordance with the terms of the credit approval.
- To maintain the credit grading of clients under continuous review and to propose revision of the credit grading to credit Department as and when appropriate.
- To build capacity and provide business advisory services to corporate clients, micro, small and medium sized enterprises.
- To document meetings and other significant developments in call reports to be circulated as appropriate and retained on the client file.
- To carry out any other duties assigned by the Director of Portfolio Management from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience, of which 3 must be in a senior level in reputable company or financial institution
- Master’s Degree/Postgraduate qualifications in Business Administration, Economics, Agricultural Economics, Banking, Finance or related discipline. Professional accreditation will be an added advantage.
- Financial Acumen
- Leadership, motivation and people management skills.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
Application Deadline: 18 October, 2019