Rafiki Social Development Organization is a development and advocacy Non-Governmental and nonprofit sharing Organization working with Children, Youth, Marginalized and Vulnerable groups, families and their communities to reach their full potential by advocating for their rights and tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. The Organization was established in January 2005 and registered under the NGO Act of 2002, issued with a registration number No.00NGO/00006336 to operate in Tanzania Mainland.
Rafiki-SDO in partnership with WEI/Bantwana in Tanzania with funding from USAID in collaboration with PO-RALG, MOEST, and local government authorities (LGA) is implementing Waache Wasome project a five year project. The goal of Waache Wasome project is to improve the retention of adolescent girls in secondary school and influence negative perceptions about the value of educating girls. The project will be implemented in Mara region in Musoma Municipal Council. The project targets girls aged 13-19 in secondary school and girls who have dropped out of secondary school.
Waache Wasome’s four objectives are as follows:
Build the agency, knowledge, and self-esteem of girls in secondary school
Increase family commitment and ability to invest in girls’ education
Foster a girl-friendly and supportive school environment
Provide alternative education pathways for girls who have dropped out of secondary school due to pregnancy and/or marriage.
For efficient execution of its duties, Rafiki-SDO is looking for enthusiastic, creative, energetic individuals to fill below vacant positions:
Title: M&E Officer (1POST)
Reporting to: Project Manager
Duration: One year / Renewable
Location: Mara (Musoma Municipal council)
The primary function of this position is to plan and implement monitoring and evaluation of Waache Wasome project to be conducted in partnership with WEI/Bantwana. Tools will need to be developed in line with the agreed upon log frame. Data will need to be collected, processed and discussed in reports to give recommendations on ways forwards and the successes and challenges of the program.
- Ensure all data are routinely entered into the data base (Field Link) and updated
- Ensure RAFIKI-SDO field officers are oriented on how to use Waache Wasome M&E tools provided by WEI/Bantwana
- Ensure data quality through reviewing of all data collection forms and working with field officers to ensure that the errors are timely addressed.
- Monitor the sustainability of the project results/ impact/ outcome.
- Create a data management system to enhance quick reporting. Maintain data management system and collect reports from colleagues. Ensure safekeeping of data/ backup system.
- To collaborate with other team members and follow up on them, to prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports on supported program areas
- Maintain proper documentation of the project including periodic progress reports
- Conduct data verification and periodic data audits to ensure data quality at all times Provide M&E inputs for proposal development, project management Perform any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The M&E Officer must have at least a Degree in Statistics, Demography, Project Management or related field. Advanced skills in computer programming and analytical software is an added advantage
- Minimum of Three (3) years relevant experience in M&E
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations
- 2+ years relevant experience with MS Access application development and use, data analyses with standard software packages and implementing protocols for data quality assurance will be an advantage.
- Strong supervisory and management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience working with NGO’s and/or donor-funded programs is an advantage
- Experience with Children programming is an advantage
- Knowledge of and experience in project monitoring and evaluation, including the use of logical framework, theory of change and other planning and monitoring tools.
- Willing to submit to a background check and no previous criminal record.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English and Swahili
Must be fluent in both written and spoken Swahili and English Language.
How to Apply:
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter describing why you are the right candidate for this position, a curriculum vitae detailing your experience and three (3) professional referees from previous and current place of employment and copy of educational certificates. Please send the application to our office in Mara region or via Postal address.
All Applications should be submitted through email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by hand to Rafiki-SDO Musoma office (Nyasho ward, in the Anglican Church Premises Musoma Municipality).
Address your application to:
Qualified women are more encouraged to apply
The closing date for the applications will be 10th October, 2019, 17:00PM (only shortlisted candidate will be contacted)