Magu Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Authority (MAUWASA) is a Government Institution which has the duty of providing potable, quality water and sanitation services at affordable prices to the residents of Magu Urban for enhancing their health and quality of life. In order to achieve the compact objectives, MAUWASA Board now seeks applications from suitably and qualified Tanzanians who are self-motivated, hardworking, honest and committed to their work to fill the following positions;
ASSISTANT TECHNICIAN II (PUMP OPERATORS)- (2 Post)
The successful candidate will report to Water Production, Maintenance and Repair Engineer.
Academic Qualifications and Age Limit
Holder of Form Four/six Certificate with Trade Test/CbeT Grade II/level II/ NVA/VCII in Electrics and filter Mechanics from a recognized learning Institution.
Age Limit between 18 and 45 years
Duties and Responsibilities
- To operator water pumps according to agreed schedules v To monitor water level.
- To make and maintain housekeeping of water pumps, pump house and their surroundings.
- To maintain and keep proper records and report of pumps performance, fatuity water pumps and breakdowns, electric power failures, and the amount of pumped water at established time intervals from clean water storage reservoirs.
- To ensure that the required dosage of water treatment chemicals /reagents is administered according to the required standards.
- To take meter readings of electricity and water consumptions at established time intervals.
- To ensure cleanliness of water pumps, booster stations water reservoirs.
- To rerecord pressure gauges performances at established intervals
- To make proper reporting on water color changes
- To carry out other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Tenure of Appointment and Remuneration
According to MAUWASA Salary Scale : MWAS 3/ TGS B
Appointment will be on unspecified period of time.
- All applicants must be citizens of Tanzania.
- Applicants must attach an up-to date Curriculum Vitae (CV) with reliable contacts, postal address, E-mail and telephone/mobile numbers.
- Applicants should indicate names and contact addresses of at least three referees.
- Applicants must attach their relevant copies of academic certificates, professional certificates and birth certificates.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Testimonials and results slips and statement of results are not accepted
MODE OF APPLICATION
Applications should be addressed to the undersigned as registered mails by postal office, EMS or any other courier, so as to reach the undersigned not later than 14th October, 2019.
MAGU URBAN WATER SUPPLY AND SANITATIONAUTHORITY
P.O. Box 52,