Regional Technical Lead
Jhpiego is an international non-profit health organization affiliated with the Johns Hopkins University. For more than 46 years now, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions to strengthen the delivery of health care services for women and their families. By putting evidence-based health innovations into everyday practice, Jhpiego works to break down barriers to high-quality health care for the world’s most vulnerable populations. Jhpiego, implementing a number of projects in Tanzania, wishes to recruit for the following 2 positions.
Regional Technical Lead [One position based In Kagera]
The Regional Technical Lead will support the Regional Program Manager to provide technical and program leadership in the areas of Reproductive maternal, newborn and child health (RMNH) including family planning (FP), emergency obstetric and newborn care (both basic and comprehensive): antenatal and postnatal care; ; essential newborn care; and Malaria. Responsibilities include coordinating with Regional and District Health Management Teams, and providing leadership and technical guidance to the regional project team in the development and implementation of integrated RMNCAH activities, utilizing cross-cutting approaches such as performance and quality improvement ensuring the technical and methodological soundness of RMNCAH activities and, in collaboration with the technical team and other partners, supporting the implementation of clinical service delivery strategies, based on sound and current scientific evidence. The Regional Technical Lead will also be responsible for ensuring that activities are on schedule and are being properly documented. S/he will also be responsible for gathering the relevant program data and drafting quarterly progress reports for related technical areas.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Advanced degree in clinical medicine
- Five or more years of work experience in Reproductive and MNH. Experience working in Maternity care is a plus.
- Be an excellent classroom and clinical trainer with at least two years’ experience in clinical training
- Experience working in the private sector/NGOs
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing capacity-building programs for improving service delivery
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop technical capacity in service delivery programs and technical staff in the areas of maternal, newborn and child health, and performance and quality improvement
- Experience managing quality assurance
- Proven leadership and management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Self -management is necessary (i.e. motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability).
- Ability to communicate effectively, instilling trust and confidence.
- Be cooperative, competent, hardworking, flexible and dependable.
Jhpiego offers a competitive package for selected candidates in line with salary history, academic qualifications and relevant experience.
To apply please indicate the position title of the position you are applying for on the subject line of your e-mail. Applications should also include an up-to-date CV with three contactable professional references, a cover letter and your salary history. Applications, which do NOT Include ALL of these elements, will NOT be considered.
All applications should be sent through email: USAIDBoreshaAfya.Applications@jhpiego.org Electronics applications are encouraged.
The subject on your application email should be the Title of the position you are applying for, so that we do not miss your application. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 22 October 2019, at 5:00 P.M.
Jhpiego Is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply
Caution to the applicants:
There have been some bogus adverts online that require candidates to apply through some email addresses of public domains e.g. Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc. Kindly note:
USAIDBoreshaAfya.Applications@jhpiego.org is the address to use for this recruitment. Please ignore any of those adverts. We also do not charge any application fee nor entertain any meetings or telephone calls. If shortlisted, you will get an official call from our office and receive required steps. If you suspect any wrong – doing kindly write to the Director of Human Resource, through email@example.com