Senior Customer Service Officer
The Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) is an independent, World-Class Regulatory Authority responsible for licensing, tariff setting and quality of service regulation of the Electricity, Petroleum, Natural Gas and Water sectors. EWURA has the following vacancies for which suitably qualified Tanzanians are invited to apply.
Post Title: Senior Customer Service Officer
Duty Station: EWURA Central Zone -Dodoma
Reports to: Zonal Manager
Senior Customer Service Officer will be primarily responsible for handling complaints from customers in the Zonal Office in accordance with the established guidelines and procedures.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To receive record and manage complaints received in a zone.
- To follow up and ensure that all received complaints are attended.
- To follow up and ensure that all complainants receive feedbacks on their concerns within the prescribed time.
- To undertake field visits to follow up on complaints.
- To manage and store all received complaints.
- To assist in facilitating public awareness campaigns on the Authority’s complaint handling facility.
- To participate and provide inputs to consumer complaints hearing sessions.
- To assist in providing customer service related inputs to drafting of various legal instruments.
- To undertake any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
The ideal candidate for this position should have the following qualifications and experience:
- University Degree in Law, Business Administration, General Management, Economics or Engineering.
- Possession of Master degree qualifications in relevant field mentioned above will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge and Competence in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) application
- Knowledge and familiarity in Regulated Sectors will be an added advantage
- Possession of at least five (5) years’ experience in relevant fields.
Tenure and Remuneration
A competitive salary will be offered to the right candidates for the posts.
EWURA is an equal opportunity employer.
Staff will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms.
Mode of Application
Application letter with Curriculum Vitae (CV) including e-mail address or day time contact telephone number, together with photocopies of certificates and transcripts (certificates from Foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU), Birth certificate, one passport size photo and names and contacts of three referees should be addressed to reach the under-mentioned by 25th October,2019.
All electronic applications should be channelled through firstname.lastname@example.org while hardcopies should be physically submitted to the Director General, EWURA Headquarters in Dodoma.
Only short-listed candidates meeting the above criteria will be invited for interview. Lobbying and canvassing for employment will not be entertained and may work to the candidate’s disadvantage. Application letter should be addressed to:
The Director General,
Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA)
4th Floor, LAPF House Makole Road,
P O Box 2857 DODOMA