Short Term Data Entry Assistant NTD Programs
Country Overview: Established in 1984, the HKI-Tanzania office was the organization’s first in Africa set up to provide primary eye care services in central Tanzania. HKI has since expanded its role and currently works in partnership with the Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoH), local NGO’s, and other national and international development partners in the areas of nutrition and neglected tropical diseases (NTDs), particularly trachoma. Scope of the Position: HKI-Tanzania is the Coordinating Partner in the Commonwealth Trachoma Elimination Program supported by Sightsavers. HKI-Tanzania is seeking a Short Term Data Entry Assistant who will be responsible for entering trichiasis patient data from paper forms into a simple database. The Short Term Data Entry Assistant will be work out of the HKI Dar es Salaam office at times and will also be required to travel for long periods to districts where the Commonwealth Trachoma Program is being implemented.
Reports to: Program Manager TT Coordination
Duration: 3 months (short-term field worker contract)
Major Tasks and Activities:
Preparing and sorting documents for data entry
Entering patients’ data from paper forms into the database and checking to ensure the accuracy of the data that has been inputted
Resolving discrepancies in information and obtaining further information for incomplete documents
Verify patient data by comparing it to source data
Print electronic reports and share with IPs and CP
Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
Extensive travel to district capitals in Commonwealth Trachoma Program districts
Helen Keller International October 2019
- Diploma in a relevant field OR a minimum of 3 years’ experience as a data entry clerk
- Ideal candidate has experience and familiarity with trachoma patient data points
- Fast typing skills, with a knowledge of touch typing strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Basic understanding of databases
- Must be a Tanzanian national, fluent in Kiswahili and with a working knowledge of English
- Great attention to detail
Qualified candidates should submit a cover letter and current CV to Tz.email@example.com noting the specific job title in the subject line.
Applicants should clearly describe any experience working on data entry for trachoma projects in their cover letter. Applications will be accepted until October 31, 2019.