Senior Manager; Financial Crime Compliance
CRDB Bank PLC is looking for suitable person to fill a vacant position of Senior Manager;
Financial Crime Compliance in the Department of Risk & Compliance at the Head Office,
in Dar es Salaam .
Support to define the bank’s AML & Sanctions Monitoring strategy and goals across the
bank, providing guidance on the program. Ensure bank has relevant, up to date and adequate
policies, procedures, processes, and strong controls to support management of Financial
Crime Compliance (FCC) Risks; FCC risks include Money Laundering, Terrorism Financing,
Sanctions, and Anti-Bribery & Corruptions Risks. Oversee first line of defense in
implementing the requisite AML & Sanctions controls, processes, and systems to comply
with applicable laws, rules and regulations, as well as frameworks, policies and procedures.
FCC Program Management:
- Develop and champion effective implementation of methods to identify, assess, and mitigate AML/CFT, ABC, and Sanction risks across the bank.
- Provide oversight and support to the bank’s Compliance Risk Infrastructure that monitors Suspicious Activity, AML and Sanctions violations.
- Harmonize to the greatest extent possible AML & Sanctions Compliance policies, procedures and Risk Assessments across the Enterprise.
- Design and support implementation of Enterprise KYC/CDD programs consistent with AML regulatory requirements and bank’s specific risk profile.
- Conduct examinations and assessment of the bank’s AML and OFAC Compliance programs: Develop annual schedule and continuous process for compliance testing and monitoring activities across all business line functions.
- Oversee and ensure the production of timely and effective AML, Sanctions, and Transaction Monitoring-related MIs and other applicable information to Director of Risk & Compliance, Management Operational Risk Committees, and Board Risk Committee.
- Support the design, development and implementation of strategies, standards and procedures to support the AML/CFT Data Governance program while facilitating adherence to the bank’s Enterprise Data Governance framework for data policies, standards and practices.
- Enterprise Risk Assessment & Control:
- Provide oversight to the bank’s Compliance Risk Infrastructure: Safeguarding operational and compliance risks governance, policies and standards are enforced by all lines of businesses and support units.
- Participate in Annual Compliance Risk Assessments – play a key role in the assessment through all stages. Provide quarterly risk assessment and updates to Board and management on closure of audit issues.
- Review new products and services to ensure appropriate consideration of key AML/OFAC compliance risks and any necessary mitigating controls.
- Implement and coordinate Compliance Risk Management Processes while challenging the First Line of Defense (FLOD) on the effectiveness of controls: Drive finalization of risk category and subcategory framework for Risk and Control Self Assessments, Product Risk Assessments and Process Level Assessments.
- Design and implement Risk Based Alerts Scoring Models: Lead the development and maintenance of the Enterprise AML Transaction Monitoring strategies, including scenario development and rules optimization to support AML and Forensic Risk Identifications.
- Design and Implement vendors due Diligence Framework: Develop vendors risk categorizations and implement Due Diligence commensurate with risk levels.
- Consistent with AML regulations and policy recommend De-Risking initiatives to management based on increased customers’ or Product Risks Profile against established bank’s AML risk appetite.risk based Financial Crime Compliance Trainings and ensure training requirements are implemented across the group by staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of Compliance & Governance.
- Strong passion and understanding of corporate governance and regulatory environment.
- Leadership experience and a strategic thinker.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with experience of dealing with executives at all levels including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management and policy in the language of business.
- Ability to develop practical, cost effective solutions to complex local & global issues.
Qualifications and Experience:
Master’s Degree from a reputable University preferably in Law, Economics, Finance,
Risk Management or related discipline.
- Holder of ACAMS Certifications or intention to be certified within six months of employment.
- 7 + years of experience in banking industry or regulatory environment; at least 5 years in AML/CFT and OFAC/ Economic Sanctions compliance.
- Experience of dealing with regulatory matters and confident interaction with Management, Board, and Regulators.
- Significant experience in Risk and Operations Management together with business management, from a frontline role in Commercial Banking.
CRDB BANK PLC offers competitive remuneration and benefits. Successful candidate will
receive attractive and competitive package commensurate with the demands of the position.
Mode of Application & Closing Date
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should submit an Application Letter
accompanied with copies of academic transcripts, certificates and with a detailed up to date
CV with two work related referees addressed to the Director of Human Resources to reach
him not later than 15 th October 2019.
Director of Human Resources
CRDB Bank Limited
P.O. Box 268
DAR ES SALAAM