Branch Sales and Service Executive – (1900024796)
Job: Retail Banking
Primary Location: Africa & Middle East-Tanzania-Dar es Salaam
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 04/Oct/2019
Unposting Date: 18/Oct/2019
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Receive and ensure applications for new Current, Savings, Fixed Deposit and Call Accounts are as per account opening requirement.
- Receive and process applications for personal Loans, personal overdrafts.
- Accept, scrutinise mandates for new accounts
- Receive and process new and renewal applications for Debit Cards and hand over to operations officer for further processing
- To actively participate in branch sales planning to generate branch action plans for meeting/exceeding sales targets.
- To generate new business via local sales promotions, in – branch contacts and contacts with alliances.
- To build and deepen relationship with existing customers
- To maximise cross sell opportunities
- To provide quality, efficient after sales services
- Ensure adequate supply of up to date product brochures.
- Submit Sales Return to vcgm -sd
- Daily updating of the Sales Charts/Branch Manager’s Dashboard.
- Carry out the monthly sales tracking.
- Regular visits to customers
- Ensure that Top 200 customers programme is maintained
- Checking FDR transactions, interest rate review, breaking FDR
- Respond to suspicious transactions queries raised by HUB
- Any other duties delegated by the Manager
- Ensure compliance with Group Policy and Standards, local regulations, controls and procedures of the BankEnsure compliance with Guidelines and Procedures on Customer Due Diligence for account opening and ‘Guidelines and Procedures on Cross border account opening referral’ issued by Group Business and Operational Risk
- Ensure you remain alert to the risk of AML and assist in the bank’s efforts in combating it by adhering to the key principles in relation to identifying your customer, reporting suspicious activity, safeguarding and not disclosing suspicions to customers.
- Ensure you adhere to health and safety policies and procedures to ensure that you work in the safe environment and do not put the safety of other staff and customers at risk.
Our Ideal Candidate
- “A” Level however a professional qualification would be advantageous (IOBZ or CIS)
- At least 5 years Banking Experience.
- Thorough knowledge of bank products and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of lending, credit scoring and securities.
- Sales and marketing ability.
- Change driven, ability to adapt and motivate others to accept change.
- Effective decision taker to handle a variety of branch problems and issues.
- Strong interpersonal, management and leadership skills.
- Ability to plan.
- Wide knowledge of banking practice and theory, professional qualification advantageous.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.