The University of Dar es Salaam Invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to be considered for Immediate employment to fill the following vacant posts:
Job Title: Laboratory Scientist III (2 posts) In the following University Units: College of Natural and Applied Sciences:
Qualifications and Experience:
Laboratory Scientist III – Department of Chemistry
Applicant should possess BSc. in Chemistry or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
Laboratory Scientist III – Department of Physics
Applicant should possess BSc. in Physics or its equivalent from a recognized Institution.
- Organizes practical for undergraduate students;
- Assists In all technical duties requiring a higher degree of planning and design competence in the areas of student’s practlcal/projects;
- Assists academic staff in research and development and consultancy activities;
- Plans and supervises maintenance of laboratory facilities;
- Provides guidance to technicians and Laboratory
- Assistants In their dally activities;
- Performs any other duties assigned by one’s reporting officer.
Salary Scale: USS 2.1
TERMS OF SERVICE
Permanent and pensionable.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should apply In confidence enclosing:
- Detailed CV.
- Photocopy of relevant academic certificates and transcripts and valid licenses.
- Photocopy of birth certificate
- Names and addresses of two referees.
- Mode of communication, e.g. Telephone, fax, email, etc.
For the positions of Technicians (Laboratory), candidates should Indicate the College/ School and Departments to which they apply.
Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
Certificate from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advance level education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
Presentation of forged certificates & other information will necessitate to legal action.
Applicants currently employed in the Public Service should channel their application letters through their respective employers. Nondisclosure of such status will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applicants should indicate the positions they apply on top of the envelope.
Applicants must be citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the following address:
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration),
University of Dar es Salaam,
P.O. Box 35091,
DAR ES SALAAM
Two weeks from the date of first appearance of this advertisement. Deadline will be 31st October, 2019