The University of Dar es Salaam Invites applications from suitably qualified Tanzanians to be considered for Immediate employment to fill the following vacant posts:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician (1 post)
Institute of Marine Sciences, Zanzibar
Qualifications and Experience:
Applicant should possess Full Technician Certificate (FTC) or Diploma in Fisheries Science and Technology or Aquaculture or Aquaculture Technology.
- Carries out specified tasks connected with research, laboratory practical, students’ projects, consultancy and services under close supervision;
- Assists In the repair and maintenance of laboratory or workshop facilities;
- Assists senior staff in relevant fields of operation; and
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by his/her senior.
Salary Scale: PUSS 1.5
TERMS OF SERVICE
Permanent and pensionable.
MODE OF APPLICATION
Interested candidates should apply In confidence enclosing:
- Detailed CV.
- Photocopy of relevant academic certificates and transcripts and valid licenses.
- Photocopy of birth certificate
- Names and addresses of two referees.
- Mode of communication, e.g. Telephone, fax, email, etc.
For the positions of Technicians (Laboratory), candidates should Indicate the College/ School and Departments to which they apply.
Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
Certificate from foreign examination bodies for Ordinary or Advance level education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
Presentation of forged certificates & other information will necessitate to legal action.
Applicants currently employed in the Public Service should channel their application letters through their respective employers. Nondisclosure of such status will lead to automatic disqualification.
All applicants should indicate the positions they apply on top of the envelope.
Applicants must be citizens of Tanzania with an age not above 45 years.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Interested applicants should submit their applications to the following address:
Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration),
University of Dar es Salaam,
P.O. Box 35091,
DAR ES SALAAM
Two weeks from the date of first appearance of this advertisement. Deadline will be 31st October, 2019