Research And Policy Department (Intern)
UONGOZI Institute seeks to inspire leaders and promote the recognition of the important role of leadership in sustainable development within Africa.
Located in the President’s Office, United Republic of Tanzania, UONGOZI Institute provides training to leaders from Tanzania and beyond, organises high-level policy forums and dialogues, and carries out research on leadership and sustainable development.
Through its Internship Programme, UONGOZI Institute seeks to engage a recent graduate in the Department of Research and Policy. Successful candidate will assist in the day-to-day activities of the Department, mainly in the coordination of policy forums, dialogues and workshops. He/She will work closely with colleagues in the Department and report directly to the Head of Research and Policy Department.
- Assist in conducting research to inform topics or themes for the policy forums and dialogues.
- Assist in planning and organising national and regional policy forums, dialogues and workshops, including drafting and dispatching letters to participants, venue preparations, preparation of appropriate event materials, and ensuring events run smoothly.
- Assist in updating participants’ data on the Institute’s data base.
- Assist in managing the Resource Center of the Institute.
- Other assignments as assigned by the Head of Research and Policy Department.
The Intern will be provided with a three-month contract. Some assignments will require to travel.
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Social Science or any other related discipline
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili
- Candidates with research experience have added advantage.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in MS-Word, Excel and internet search tools.
- Volunteer experience is preferred, although not required.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications via firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line “Research & Policy Intern” by 24th October, 2019. The application should include Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact details of three referees and a motivation letter. Early applications are encouraged and will be considered.
Note: UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We regret that we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants.