Position : Project Administrator (1 Post)
Reports to: Project Leader (PL)/Principal Investigator (PI)
Work station: Rufiji and Kibiti
Apply by: October 31, 2019
Ifakara Health Institute (IHI) is a leading research organization in Africa with a strong track record in developing, testing and validating innovations for health. Driven by a core strategic mandate for research, training and services, the Institute’s work now spans a wide spectrum, covering biomedical and ecological sciences, intervention studies, health-systems research and policy translation.
IHI is looking for an Administrator to fill a vacant position in the Broad One Health Endectocide-Based Malaria Intervention in Africa (Bohemia) project. The project will evaluate the potential of Ivermectin on reducing malaria transmission.
The Project Administrator will be charged with management of supply chain and logistics, operational and administrative support for implementation of work plan activities of the project as assigned by the PL or PI.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Management and coordination:
- Responsible for day to day management of project activities.
- Bring together all staffs from across work packages of project to result to a more efficient run and better implementation of project.
- Supply Management and Logistics:
- Ensure procurement is done according to IHI and UNITAID/WHO regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure staff across the project understand their roles.
- Ensure transport is cost efficient and reliable and that the fuel consumption is reviewed on weekly or monthly basis.
- Ensure stocks are secure and managed according to best practice and fully documented.
- Ensure project assets are effectively managed and asset list is updated regularly.
- Oversees procurement and inventory of project equipment, field materials and other stocks, and liaise with procurement unit to ensure timely ordering and receipt of goods.
- Oversee and arrange all project and staff travel activities including field travels, nationally and international transportations, visa and hotels.
- Ensure that all Bohemia offices are well run and professional in appearance.
- Ensure IT services are well offered through IT department to the staff computers, intranet and that problem are resolved efficiently and effectively.
- Ensure that all requests are processed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support administrative implementation of trainings and workshops (i.e. organizing venues, payments to participants, liaising with catering vendors).
- Ensure all project deliverables and work plan activities are developed, coordinated, implemented and tracked.
- Ensure administrative and management in the implementation and monitoring of project activities.
- Organize project filing systems, printing out of conference, training and research materials.
- For project meetings with staffs and collaborators, must call for agenda items, take minutes and appropriately circulate them.
- Manage diaries and organize meetings, phone calls, events, conferences, travels, transports and accommodation for project staffs.
- Ensure regular communications within the project team and collaborators or local and international stakeholders.
- Ensure procurement plans fit activities in the budget and are donor compliant and realistic in terms of timing.
- Develop innovative based project management system and tools to ensure smooth project operations.
- Coordinate operations of project offices where project activities will be undertaken including Rufiji, Ifakara and Mikocheni.
- Track reporting timelines and work with technical team to ensure adherence to contractual reporting schedules.
- Ensure that all finance transactions/requests related to Bohemia project are processed in accurate following UNITAID/WHO financial guideline, and in timely manner.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Principal investigator (PI) or Project Leader.
Qualification and Experience
- An Advanced Diploma or a Bachelor Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Human Resource Management, Project Management and Planning or related fields.
- Prior experience in project management/coordination or administration.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to take initiative and work in team
- Excellent verbal and writing English and Swahili. Ability to speak Spanish or Portuguese will be an added advantage.
- Good skills and experience on Project management, Project Administration, Supply Chain and Logistics, and Schedule/Time management (organizing and planning).
- Ability to use MS project tool.
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, Excel, Office, google drive, google survey and google documents.
- Experience with rules and regulations of EU, UNITAID and WHO projects.
- Ability to bring people together, encouraging and cooperate across the project, institution and the collaborators.
- Ability to mobilize and energize the staff to successfully deliver their duties.
- Solutions oriented focused on program outcomes, budget skills including effective use of resources and decision making.
- Technical skills and ability to use ERP system.
- Adhere to IHI core values (Transparency, Accountability, Respect, Integrity and Initiative).
An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to a successful candidate as per IHI salary scales.
IHI is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit intentional biases or discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labour laws of Tanzania.
Mode of Application
All candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the address below. The deadline for this application is 17.00hrs on October 31, 2019.
All e-mail application subject lines should read: PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR – BOHEMIA Please, note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for interview.
Human Resources Manager,
Ifakara Health Institute,
Kiko Avenue, Mikocheni,
P o. Box 78373,
Dar es Salaam