Vacancy title: Pharmacist Director Of Operations
Jobs at: Population Services International (PSI)
Deadline of this Job: 04 February 2020
Who we are: With over 45 years of experience, working in over 60 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining health care, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible – bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcare. There are over 8,000 “PSl’ers” around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we bring to the critically important work that we do.
- Assisting the procurement team to procure drugs and equipment, keeping up to date with current pharmaceutical practice, new drugs and their usage.
- Supervising the ordering, repacking and safe storage of medical products and drugs.
- Representing the organization at all technical meetings concerning the nature of drugs and medical devices distributed.
- Assisting the sale and marketing teams with technical know-how of medical detailing activities.
- Collaborate with the Ministry of Health and regulatory authorities such as GCLA, TMDA, TBS to ensure compliance with available procedures on registration, importation and management of chemicals, drugs and medical devices.
- Provide information and make recommendations on new regulatory requirements,
- Provide input to the program QA system in support of quality branding and medical devices.
- Support with sourcing of the relevant market information to support the procurement of the various medical equipment and commodity needs for the program.
- Support the program during the developing of the procurement plans for the medical supplies/commodities.
- Working according to legal and ethical guidelines to ensure the correct and safe supply of medical products.
- General supervision in regions and districts where PSI pharmaceutical products are distributed.
What are we looking for?
- A degree in Pharmacy.
- Certified pharmacist by Pharmacist Council.
- Strong communication skills, including interpersonal.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Swahili is a must
- The candidate must have computer knowledge at least in Ms. Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- References will be required.
Job application procedures
Application for the position must include: Cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements. Detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email, and day -time mobile phone number (s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer. All applications should be addressed to the Human Resources and Administration Manager by email via email@example.com in MS Word or PDF file. Indicate the name of position on the subject line of your email. Application will be considered valid, if sent/received before 1700hrs, Tuesday, 4th February, 2020. Women with qualifications are highly encouraged to apply.Please note that only short-listed candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted.