Date Published: 12th February, 2020
Job ID: IRC 8744
The role holder is responsible for maintaining custody of cash in the branch and the strong room
- Manage counter services to ensure efficient service is delivered to customers.
- Manage ATMs to ensure that they are operational at all times and replenished with new/serviceable notes.
- Maintain custodian cash in the branch and the strong rooms
- To ensure that cash holding limits are maintained both in reserve and with the cashier’s tills.
- To authorize cash payments and withdrawals above the Section Heads’/cashiers’ limits.
- To monitor and provide adequate currency notes to cashiers for counter service.
- To ensure that cash held is adequately insured at all times.
- Control and supervise the confirmation and sealing of cash deposited by cashiers into reserve.
- Control and maintain reserve cash within approved limits for the branch.
- Collect or receive excess foreign currency from cashiers for lodgement.
- Supervise confirmation and packing of foreign currency for repatriation.
- Respond to cash related customers’ correspondence.
- Ensure that customers’ cash requisitions are prepared promptly.
- Ensure that customers’ cash vouchers together with relevant cash summaries are ticked for validation purposes.
- Take stock of cash in the safe and ensure that soiled notes and excess local or foreign currency in reserve are repatriated.
- Make follow up on any cash related suspense entries.
- Lodge cash in the strong room whenever necessary
- Responsible for cash movements into and out of reserve
- Ensure maintenance of proper records and control of the following registers
- Reserve cash register.
- Foreign currency register
- Cross entries.
- Lodge cashiers tills in the safe at end of day.
- Ensure that cashiers balance their cash against cash analysis reports on daily basis
- Ensure preparation of the overall cash summary on daily basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree- Business related
- Professional qualifications in AKIB,CPA(T),ACCA is desirable
- Master’s Degree- Business related is an added advantage
- Experience of 6 years is required
- Experience of 2 years in Sales-PB/BB/RB or Sales Manager is required
- Experience of 2 years in credit experience is required
- Experience of 4 years in Banking Ops-Cash, Clearing, Accounts &Administration is required
- Experience of 2 years in customer service/Relationship Management is required
- Experience of 2 years in Branch Manager Medium Branch
NOTE: If Application link doesn’t not open correctly It’s due to KCB system error not us, so please be patient and try again later.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.