Posting Country: Tanzania, United Republic of
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Contract Type: Permanent
Joining Vodacom is more than a job, what we do matters. We don’t just carry minutes, texts and data – we carry people’s lives. And that’s a huge responsibility. If you think for a minute about the people you rely on…the likelihood is they rely on us.
Customers are at the heart of everything we do and we want to make a difference to the lives of our customers, and the communities in which we live and work. We support our people to give something back to the causes that mean the most to them through helping them give time and money to the charities they love.
And what’s it like to work here? We have created an environment where you can look forward to coming to work and are empowered to be at your best. We offer flexibility in how you work that helps you do your job in a way that suits you, opportunities to help you grow and progress throughout your career and a choice of benefits to suit your lifestyle.
The IN Operations and quality assurance administrator, focus on maintaining and administering IN systems application, Database and hardware infrastructure. Ensure systems are stable and manage Quality assurance of all operational and projects changes in the systems. Typically report to the Head of Real-time billing and provisioning systems.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- System Acquisition (Acquire and Maintain IN Infrastructure such as servers, software and connectivity, Setting and maintaining IN Policies and Procedures, manage changes to the systems via change management process and ensure prerequisite documents are thoroughly analysed and appropriate records are kept.
- System Management (Manage performance and capacity of IN infrastructure, inform line management one year in advance of the projected decline of capacity or service quality, Ensure all records in the system are administered and maintained correctly, Ensure continuous service with high availability and minimum disruption, Ensure systems security by safeguarding against unauthorized access on all backend of systems, Manage IN
- System Operations and Security (Configuration of login scripts, user passwords, access rights, Implementation and enforce security policies as defined and approved by the company, Produce security reports at a schedule given by Line Management, Perform a security Audit at least once a moth to ensure zero auditing finding in the IN environment by external auditors from group or third parties.
- System Monitoring (Monitoring & analysing Key performance indicators for IN infrastructures (database, application & OS), Benchmarking the IN system parameters so as to assess the response time on call processing)
- Self-Development (Maintain Personal Development Plan – PDP)
Core competencies, knowledge and experience
- Strong problem-solving & leadership skills
- Excellent planning and organizing skills, Project Management skills,
- Good Communication Skills and Customer obsessed
- Resilient under Pressure
- Must have strong analytical skills
Must have technical/professional qualifications:
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or Computer engineering or Telecommunications Engineering
- Software design and development skills
- Hands-oLinux operating systems administration skills -Scripting capability added advantage
- Good knowledge on TCP/IP network administration
- Strong technical skills on server and storage infrastructure management
MicroServices and APIs
Digital Experience Platforms
Commitment from Vodacom
Vodacom is committed to attracting, developing and retaining the very best people by offering a flexible, motivating and inclusive workplace in which talent is truly recognized, developed and rewarded. We believe that diversity plays an important role in the success of our business and we are committed to creating an inclusive work environment which respects, values, celebrates and makes the most of people’s individual differences – we are not only multinational but multicultural too. At Vodacom you will have access to our excellent flexible benefits programme that you would expect from any global company.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.