Reporting to : Reporting will be in a Matrix Structure.
Component related: IT System Analyst Personnel/Administrative: Project Manager
Location : Dodoma/TBA
Level of Engagement : Full Time
The Health Promotion and System Strengthening (HPSS) is the Project operating in all Regions of Tanzania under the framework of Tanzania-Swiss Cooperation. The Project is funded by the Swiss Government through the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation and it is implemented by the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH). Through the HPSS Project, the Government of Tanzania (GoT) is supported to strengthen the health system by implementing innovative approaches, which are tested jointly with the Government for adoption at the national, regional, district and community levels. The Project has been implemented in phases; phase one started in 2011 and completed in 2015, which was succeeded by the second phase from 2015 to July 2019. The Project is now entering the phase 3 which is the exit phase with a goal of providing Technical Assistance to the GoT for the nationwide implementation of iCHF, Jazia PVS, HTM systems and Health Promotion approaches, as well as contributing on supporting implementation of MoHCDGEC strategy for digitisation of the health system. In the exit phase, the development, discussion and dissemination of evidence is of crucial importance for the successful completion of the project. In this respect, Project will implement key strategic evaluation and operational research activities to generate evidence to further inform the GoT on development of health insurance, supply chain and management of health commodities, health technology and physical infrastructure management as well as health promotion and disease prevention.
Aim of Job
The project in the last (exit) phase will be aiming at closure of the HPSS project. The emphasis will be on consolidating and shifting activities from regional to national level support. The different components in the national contexts have multiple digital components that need further development and integration into the IT landscape of Tanzania. The Digitisation Support Officer will be key to the HPSS Digitization efforts as he/she will ensure that the IT solutions are properly working and will ensure that the new versions of the software are tested before any release.
The Consultant will have the following responsibilities and duties.
– Active member of the team
- Point of contact for the project team based in Tanzania on technical ICT activities of the project
- Coordination with Health Technology Component Expert and other experts from different component having technical digitization aspects on planning and execution of activities
- Executing project activities as per developed work plans with the IT System Analyst and Component Expert– Support
- Support IT System Analyst in analysing the ICT infrastructure requirements in the HPSS project context
- Mentoring and training new ICT support staff
- Managing the internet provider contract, the HPSS website and HPSS supported websites (e.g. on CHF Iliyoboreshwa and Jazia PVS) and local network facilities
- Ensure that the operational task are carried out (backups, emails, server management, and others Support the IT infrastructure of multiple offices across all regions
– Act as Quality Assurance for IT solutions used and delivered in the context of the project
- Coordinate the integration of Tanzania’s specific testing into the new version of open IMIS
- Review the business specifications of the requirements
- Coordinate the User Acceptance Testing for project IT systems’ new features and integrations and document new issues on appropriate platforms
– Coordinate support activities that might be required from national development companies for the maintenance of the system by government support structures
- Support the creation of a national customer hotline for client queries and complaints
- Coordinate the implementation of the data security plan of project IT systems
- Coordinate the upgrading of the IT systems to support the national rollout
- Contribute to organizational policy regarding quality standards and strategic planning
– Support HPSS admin department: Maintenance of IT equipment, ensure quality of internet connection, support the team to move into online working modalities: meetings, trainings through skype, zoom and other applications.
Along with HPSS Communication Officer update corporate websites and other social media tools.
- Closely cooperate with IT System Analyst in Tanzania.
- Collaborate with the Health Technology Component Leader on implementing health technology activities at national level,
- Coordinate with Regional Teams on the implementation of the project related health technology activities
- Cooperate with Component Leaders and Project Management of the project team based in Tanzania and in Basel
- Cooperate with National government authorities
- Cooperate with local organizations, NGOs and development partners
- Cooperate with SDC
- Personnel regulations
- Swiss TPH/HPSS Administration Manual for Local Offices (AMLO) including Internal
- Control System (ICS) and all annexes and supporting documentation
- Swiss TPH HPSS Employee Code of Conduct
Prerequisites for the Job
- Experience in IT administration (Windows and/or Linux)
- Experience in IT support
- Knowledge of government IT infrastructures, policies and interfac
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Efficient and professional communication: able to summarize the different aspects of a topic based on facts
- Proven record or will of aligning diverse, multi-level teams with project mission and vision.
- Strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, written and oral communication, and negotiation skills.
- Minimum a Master level academic qualification in ICT or 8 years of experience as system administrator
- Knowledge and understanding of server and networking configuration
- Knowledge of databases, system security and troubleshooting
The Expert will continuously and closely interact with the Health Technology Component Expert, other component experts, other country based component advisors, Project Manager, and Project Director.
Application should be accompanied with:
- A well-typed CV
- Certified copies of relevant certificates
- Names of at least three (3) referees from previous jobs (line managers) with reliable contacts
- Contact address during daytime (Postal Address, Telephone, e mail and Fax)
Send your application to the following address:
Human Resource Officer,
Health Promotion and System Strengthening (HPSS) Project,
P.O. Box 29,
Online application via email:firstname.lastname@example.org
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The deadline for submission of application is on 29th May, 2020 at 16.00 hours.
Warning: Never Pay To Get A Job. Legitimate companies dont ask for money.