Job Opportunity at CVPeople Tanzania, Systems & Database Adminstrator
Systems & Database Adminstrator
Dar es Salaam , Tanzania
The ideal candidate will be responsible in structuring, monitoring and adminstration of the network environment (LAN, WAN) including any new installations, upgrades,
- .Maintenance of Cisco, Alcatel and 3COM equipment utilized on the LAN and WAN networks.
- Configuration, monitoring and management of servers (Windows, Sun Solaris, Linux) as well as client machines
- Backup and Restoration management for all servers
- Structuring, Monitoring and administration of the network environment (LAN, WAN) including any new installations, upgrades
- Configuration and deployment of new hardware and software solutions on servers and on the client environment
- Maintaining server inventory and configuration information
- Deploying software onto the servers and client’s machines either interactively or remotely through Group Policy Management
- Administration of mail servers, antivirus, mail marshal and web marshal
- Database administration and server performance tuning for Oracle databases
- User security administration and management including creation and deletion of user accounts
- Managing and administering various business systems including General Insurance, Medical, Life, Pensions and Finance and all associated software e.g. document management and archiving etc.
- Handling conventional support issues on servers and clients
- Creating and maintaining all databases required for development, testing and production usage
- Performing the capacity planning required to create and maintain the databases
- Performing ongoing tuning of the database instances
- Installing new versions of the Oracle and its tools and any other tools that access the Oracle database
- Planning and implementing backup and recovery of the Oracle database
- Controlling migration of programs, database changes, reference data changes and menu changes through the development life cycle
- Implementing and enforcing security for all of the Oracle Databases
- Performing database re-organizations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database
- Ensuring all Premia support issues for Tanzania are resolved within agreed TAT, and provide a report at end of each month showing the TAT achievement
- Deploying a web based quotation/ policy issuance system which fully meets business requirements
- Database management tasks for all databases deployed in Tanzania. Ensuring all Oracle databases are optimally tuned
- Identifying and deploying new systems based on business requirements
- Take on other IT projects and assignments to be advised by management
- Take any other projects and assignments to be assigned by the IT Head during the course of the year
- Bachelor in computer science or equivalent
- LAN and WAN infrastructure, design , installation and configuration
- Network Security design and implementation including internet security management, email security, firewall management, DMZ, intrusion detection, protocol management and monitoring etc.;
- Network Monitoring and Management technologies including bandwidth monitoring and management;
- High Availability Server Management including server clustering;
- Data management
- Information and knowledge management
- 1 – 2 years of hands on systems engineering/ support experience within financial services
- Experience in supporting/ monitoring mission critical applications with high availability requirements
Job Opportunity at CVPeople Tanzania, Head of Finance
Head of Finance
Dar es Salaam , Tanzania
- Monitor expenditure and revenue in the organisation to ensure these are aligned with the Business Unit/ company’s operational plan.
- Partake in Financial Planning process [budgeting, modelling, forecasting and reporting]
- Oversee and ensure the efficient management of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Treasury, and Tax workflows.
- Manage in house finance team, setting performance targets, performance reviews. (FO – T and FO – R).
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the company and its subsidiaries including: organizational revenue/expense and balance sheet reports, cash flows, development and monitoring of business budgets.
- Oversee the preparation of ad-hoc and monthly reports, as well as financial statements and cash flow projections for use by management.
- Lead the compliance function of the company by ensuring accurate and timely processing of statutory returns such as PAYE, SDL, and contributions to pension schemes, withholding tax, service levies, royalties and all other taxes.
- Monitor Cash/ banking activities of the company.
- Review all financial plans and compare to actual results with a view to identify, explain, and correct variances as appropriate.
- Develop a comprehensive revenue assurance framework and oversee the implementation and adherence across the organisation.
- Keep current with all financial reporting requirements in line with standards set by IFRS and NBAA.
- Take responsibility for external audit queries and ensuring all internal control recommendations implementation is satisfactory.
- Lead risk analysis and mitigation processes to ensure the business remains a going concern.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years Experience
- Professional Accounting Qualification such as CPA, ACCA
Job Opportunity at CVPeople Tanzania, Security Technician
Dar es salaam , Tanzania
- Install, maintain, or repair security systems, alarm devices, and related equipment, following blueprints of electrical layouts and building plans
- Mount and fasten control panels, door and window contacts, sensors, and video cameras, and attach electrical and telephone wiring in order to connect components
- Test and repair circuits and sensors, following wiring and system specifications.
- Keep informed of new products and developments. Request orders for replacement parts.
Must have experience and trained in
- CCTV and access control
- Dallmeier and Babylon Systems
- Gallagher Electric Fences
- Cisco Networks
Job Opportunity at CVPeople Tanzania, Finance Director
Dar es salaam , Tanzania
- Responsible for financial reporting (statutory reporting & shareholder reporting) and ensure compliance with the Tanzania governing legislation and company accounting rules.
- Coordinate the preparation of the Company’s annual budget and monitor and analyze performance against budget. Where needed, propose corrective measures.
- Establish and maintain relationships with various company stakeholders (shareholders, banks, auditors, customers and suppliers).
- Implement and review internal control processes, based on the group rules.
- Oversee daily and monthly accounts department activities. Approve order requests and payments.
- Cashflow and treasury planning.
- Assist operating departments in achieving their targets through monitoring of stock, finding financing solutions and review product pricing
- Local and international travel gathering information, evaluate business and present business situations or plans as and when required.
- Manage and monitor group COCE and Anti-Trust and Corruption policies
- Oversees the Compliance department, HR department and IT department in addition to the accounts department.
- Minimum of Degree in Accounting, Finance or any related field.
- Min.8 years’ experience in similar role in a major company or division of a large corporation.
- A Certified Public Accountant/Chartered Accountant, CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification is a must.
Job Opportunity at CVPeople Tanzania, Electrician
Dar es salaam , Tanzania
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes
Must have experience and training in the following:
- Electric Fences
- Fibre Optic Cabling
- VETA Qualification