Temporary placements (exposure):
Registered Nurse Midwives (12 posts)
Medical Doctors with interest in Obstetrics & Gynaecology (4 posts)
Ref: 2021-06/ 2021-07
Comprehensive Community Based Rehabilitation in Tanzania (CCBRT) aims to be the leading provider of accessible specialized health services in Africa and serves as healthcare social enterprise and through development programmes the community and the most vulnerable. Committed to preventing lifelong disabilities wherever possible, CCBRT is also engaged in extensive maternal and newborn healthcare (MNHC) activities including obstetric fistula repairs and is opening a Maternity and Newborn Wing in 2021.
In preparation of the opening of our Maternity Wing, we are looking for
Registered Nurse Midwives and Medical Doctors with a passion for maternal and newborn care who are eager to accept an exposure placement for 4 months.
- During the exposure period, the candidates will get the opportunity to explore, as respectively nurse midwive or doctor, the routine work in the labour ward, as well as working in other areas of maternal and neonatal health.
- After an induction training, the candidate will be assigned to clinical duties under supervision of a specialist within CCBRT’s facility or within the facilities with whom CCBRT is collaborating in Dar es Salaam. The candidate is ready to participate in night shifts.
- During this placement, the candidate will be assessed for potential future job openings.
- Besides the technical qualifications that are required as per CCBRT’s standards for those positions, all trainees are expected:
- To provide certified copies of all academic certificates (including Secondary school).
- To provide certified copies of full registration with the respective registration authorities and provide a certified copy of the valid annual practice license.
- To be free for the defined training period without any work obligations towards any employer.
- To show good written and oral communication skills in Swahili and English.
- To have a positive attitude and eager to learn.
- To be computer literate.
Each placement is on voluntary base and considered a training placement. A small compensation for transport will be provided. Health insurance and other costs are the responsibility of the trainee. If you are interested in such placement, please submit your curriculum vitae and a 1-page letter telling us why you believe you are the right person to be given this opportunity at CCBRT.
HOW TO APPLY
CCBRT promotes inclusion and encourages people with disabilities to apply. Please submit you application to the HR department or send your application via email to: email@example.com
Please indicate ref no: 2021-06 (nurses) / 2021-07 (MD) | DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 14th February 2021
(selection process is ongoing so assessment might commence upon receipt of suitable applications)