Responsible to foster research, testing, and incubating of new ideas and concepts, products and business models by leveraging on technology to deliver digital solutions, which capture value, enhanced experience and capabilities to our customers. Implementation of the innovative ideas and business models from inception to applicability and commercialization and winning propositions. The role oversees capabilities to deliver on the new solutions & technologies, while creating a lasting competitive advantage in digital arena.
- Create a digital labs and incubating labs, which will facilitate nurturing of new ideas into finalized solutions by establishing and drive the technical execution of the digital products.
- Create processes in the lab that are rooted in best practices for continuous improvement and innovation, constantly evolving to meet future business and delivery needs.
- Keep track of key developments in the digital space (in client industry and beyond) to continually identify new ideas, tools and trends that could provide opportunities at client organisation.
- Make use of design thinking approaches to deliver digital products that leapfrog our competition and make it easy for customers & staff to engage with the bank through a variety of digital channels, including mobile, app, web, touchscreen, voice solutions.
- Create a digital product roadmap in partnership with strategy, agile teams, product development team and technology project management teams to ensure there is a clear plan on what is being worked on for the current go to market and future deliverable.
- Work close with key stakeholders and vendors to deliver proofs of concept, pilots and demos of emerging technologies applied to specific business relevant use cases with their applicability and commercialization options.
- Working and coordinating with business and other innovation development team on multiple projects in various stages – ideation, research, feasibility, requirements, development, testing and promoting adoption, to implement the technologies that are most appropriate for meeting business objectives.
- Build relationships with external partners like Fin techs who can assist in delivering these future technologies to our customers, new business models and partnership agreements, joint development arrangements, delivery, and ongoing support and maintenance when appropriate.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field in Information Systems/ Computer Science/Computer Engineering/or equivalent
- Solution Design Experience and Agile Project Management Certification is required.
- 5-8 years of experience in product design/ product development or Innovation department
- 3 years of experience in a managerial role
- Experience in product development team in finance/banking industry will be an added advantage
- Extensive experience with project management/change management
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent research, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with people at all levels
- Ability to act as a project “driver”, facilitating the achievement of required tasks
- The ability to work in dynamic conditions, and transition quickly between collaborative and individual workS